᥊ꪜ𝓲𝓲

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 5ᴋ
ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴘᴜʙʟɪsʜᴇᴅ: ғᴇʙʀᴜᴀʀʏ 24ᴛʜ, 2021
--------------------

After somewhat of a month or so without talking to the couple, Draco was invited over to see the greenhouse that Neville had somehow coerced Blaise into allowed him to set up behind their house that they had recently purchased.

Half past noon on a rainy Thursday evening, Draco readied himself for a day out. He wore pants from one of Pansy's newer collections, and a shirt that he had been told on numerous occasions brought out his eyes.

Since he didn't want to take the Knight Bus in the rain, Pansy was coming over to Apparate him over there with her. She had also been invited, by the way, though she had apparently already seen the greenhouse when she was with them about a week prior. Draco wasn't jealous that they hadn't invited him. He wasn't. Really.

Just as he was tying his shoes—without magic, thank you very much—Pansy Apparated right into Draco's bedroom. He nearly had a heart attack, and fell to the floor with shock.

"Draco don't die, Blaise wants us to come over for tea," Pansy said unhelpfully, jutting her hip out to the side and raising an eyebrow in defiance to his dramatics. (The irony was rich.)

"Well help me get off the ground then, and we'll be on our way," Draco spat, sticking a hand up in the air. Pansy rolled her eyes and helped him up off of the floor.

"You look a mess," the witch declared, giving Draco a once-over as soon as he was standing upright.

Draco turned his head to see that in the tumble his shirt had come untucked. At that, he re-tucked it and prepared to be judged by Pansy. When she didn't say anything, he took that as a win, and held out an arm to her.

"Milady," he smiled, and she accepted his arm, linking it with her own.

"To the wicked bitch's house!" she exclaimed, and they were gone with a swoosh.

•••

Upon approaching the Longbottom-Zabini residence, lush trees could be seen. Draco marveled at them, knowing that Neville probably took extreme care to keep them neat. The grass in the yard looked green and well kempt, and there were all sorts of flowers lining the walkway. There was no rain here, though it was probable that it had just passed by.

Draco approved, even when one of the flowers tried to bite his trousers, and when another one tried to trip him. They were beautiful, all of them, and the brick house looked lovely and snug, though it was large.

Pansy had long since stopped holding onto Draco's arm, and was now hanging back to flip off a couple of the plants. Draco sighed, and continued towards the house.

Once he made it to the house, Draco gave a jolly knock on the door, which immediately opened to show a happy Neville Longbottom smiling on the other side. He had no doubt been waiting right behind it during Draco's whole trek up the path.

"Draco!" he called out in excitement, pulling the blond into a large hug. It was one of those hugs that oddly reminded Draco of being rolled in pillows. He smiled and hugged Neville back. "So good to see you, really," the botanist told him.

"Nice to see you as well," Draco chuckled, and they pulled apart. "Your plants look fantastic."

"Oh thank you. Did any of them...say anything to you?"

"Say anything?"

"Yeah, did they—"

"Oi!" Pansy yelled from where she had apparently caught up. She was right behind Draco, who lurched for the second time since he had seen her that day. "One of your plants called me a whore!"