22 : Birthday

Aerin's POV

My mind kept thinking on Mingi's word. Am I giving Seonghwa hope? But when? I didn't know.

I went upstairs to my room and pulled up my phone. Maybe I need to see Yeosang first this Saturday.

I texted him asking the location and he sent it. I layed down on the bed and I didn't know why Seonghwa's silence stabbing my heart.

Am I have a feeling for him?

I shook my head and got up to go to the bathroom.

.
.
.

The day that I had to meet Yeosang finally come. I did felt happy that Yeosang wanted to see me but part of me felt this is impossible. I wore my softy pink blouse with my blue jeans. I tied my hair into ponytails and put on peach coloured lipstick.

I went downstairs and bumped to Seonghwa at the living room. He was watching the TV and clenched my fingers to a fist.

Seonghwa's eyes slightly looking at me and then his vision focused to the TV back.

Should I told him?

The silence he gave me decided I need to tell him. If not he might think I did something wrong again like last time.

I walked closer next to the couch he seated.

"I wanna go out first. Mmm... I didn't know what time I would be here" I said and he ignored me.

He didn't bothered to answer or look at me. His behaviour a little bit make me felt angry but I knew it was my fault.

I turned around and left from there. Seonghwa who was looking at TV, directed his vision at Aerin who was ready to leave the house. He quickly went inside of his room and took his jacket together with his phone and wallet. He wanted to follow her. He knew that she went out to meet Yeosang but he can't leaving her even though he felt hurt. The memory of her crying in front of Yeosang's house still replayed in his mind.

The location was a bit too far so Aerin needs to go there with a cab. She fetched the taxi few meters from Seonghwa's house. Seonghwa quickly fetched a cab and asked the driver to follow her.

During the journey, Aerin looked at her watch and it was 4.30pm. They promised to meet at the restaurant at 5pm and by the time she arrived, she got 15 minutes more to wait for him.

She arrived at the restaurant and got out from the cab.

I stepped inside the restaurant and luckily Yeosang already reserved our seats. I sat at the table that the waiter showed me and trying to calm my heart down.

I didn't know why I got nervous this time. Last time I did went out to Yeosang to eat tteobokki but that only after school. Now I felt like it was a date.

I took my phone from my handbag when I felt my phone was vibrating. I opened the message from Yeosang.

Yeosang :
I might be late around 15 minutes. The traffic really heavy here. I'm sorry but you can order anything for drink first. I'll try to reach there as soon as possible.

I smiled looking at message.

Aerin :
Okay. Take your time. I'll wait for you.

Seonghwa who was looking at the restaurant from a far felt rage that Aerin was waiting for Yeosang. He wanted to barge into the restaurant but paused when someone familiar entered the restaurant. The girl she saw that interrupted Yeosang when confessing to Aerin.

I sip my ice tea while waiting for him. It was 5pm and Yeosang might reached here around 5.15pm. I wanted to scroll my Instagram account but paused when someone was calling my name.