29 : Goodbye

Author's POV

Aerin was locking herself in the bathroom for one hour before she went out. She slowly opened the door and found Seonghwa was leaning at the nearest wall while resting his face onto his arms. He didn't realised she already unlocked the door.

Her eyes were puffy and red and she slowly kneeled down in front of him.

"Seonghwa..." Her voice already hoarse because of crying and Seonghwa quickly lifted up his head.

He quickly hugged her in his arms and caressed her hair.

"I'm sorry Aerin. Please don't cry. I can't see you like this" Seonghwa was pleading her and she was starting to cry again.

"Why... Why I can't follow you Seonghwa? I've told you I will always be with you forever remember?" Aerin said with her voice stuttered.

Seonghwa slightly shook. He was trying to find the right words to explain to her.

"I want you to have your life and dreams Aerin" Seonghwa said and Aerin still stubborn didn't want to hear what he said.

"No. What I wanna do if you were not here" Aerin said and Seonghwa loosen his embrace and cupped her cheeks.

He looked at her face already wet with tears.

"I want you to achieve your dreams Aerin. I didn't want you to let everything go only because of me. I want to see my beautiful and smart wife to be what she want to be. Have a lot of friends, have her happy life in a campus and get to be an accountant as she want it. Don't worry baby. I'll always contact you when I'm at there" Seonghwa said and she shook her head still trying against his words.

"Please Aerin. Do it for me. I'm gonna be in guilt if you leave everything you want because of me" Seonghwa said and she was sobbing.

"But how long Seonghwa? How long you'll go?" Aerin asked and he smiled.

"Four years.." Seonghwa said and her eyes widen when she heard that.

"Please Aerin. I'll promise I'll contact you everyday when I'm at there. You're a strong girl Aerin and I know you can do this. I'm sorry baby" Seonghwa said and she hugged him.

"Don't feel guilty Seonghwa. I know you did for your late parents" Aerin said and he kissed her cheek.

"Please come back here quickly after that Seonghwa. If not I'm going to find you there" Aerin said and he smiled, nodding.

After Aerin became to be calm, they both then headed to the bed to sleep. Seonghwa was cuddling her all night long that night. Aerin hugged him around his torso as their time together only left with few days.

.
.
.

Aerin clenched her fists. Tomorrow afternoon gonna be his flight to U. S. and that means, she didn't get to see him after this. Thinking about that already making her eyes getting teary again.

Seonghwa entered the room with a box to fill in another stuffs. His luggage already full with his clothes and pants.

Aerin helped him to pack the stuffs but her heart shattered thinking on after this she would be left alone.

"Seonghwa.. Let's go to the park this evening" Aerin said and he nodded.

They both went to the park after they had finished packing. Aerin and Seonghwa were sitting on the bench while looking at the water fountain located at the center of the park. The evening breeze quite cold that day and Seonghwa hugged her, bringing her face closed to his chest.