3

"Yoo Jin Woo! Join me now!" Jin Ah called out while taking a dip in the beach. She invited the guy many times but Jin Woo kept on denying her request.

"I told you that I don't want to. Let's go, Yoon Jin Ah!" He grumpily responded to her.

"I will leave now!" Jin Woo shouted. "What a stubborn lady."

After taking a few steps from the tree where they're seated, he steals a look at her direction, hoping that his 'dramatic' walkout can make her feel a bit guilty on why she shouldn't force him on swimming. However, he madly removed his polo after seeing her floating near the shore. With his eyes focused on unconscious Yoon Jin Ah, Yoo Jin Woo's feet were able to meet the sea after a very long time.

"Jin Ah!" he worriedly pulled the woman towards him and carried her out. His hands are shaky and the lady can feel his agitation. But before they even leave the water, she opens her eyes and grins from ear to ear. "You're here!" She commented, holding his cheeks side by side.

"What the hell?!"

"Sorry... Let's swim?" she asked. Jin Woo furiously yet gently releases her weight from his toned arms.

"No. I hate it. Don't play around me."

"Please?"

"Woman, you scared the hell out of me. You just knew my trauma a while ago and made fun of it now. What do you really want?" He let out a heavy sigh and closed his eyes because of extreme frustration.

Jin Ah's face became serious as he. Her eyes were watery while looking down. "I'm sorry..."

"Are you not okay to be alone? Because it's lonely? That's why you're here with me?" He told Jin Ah. 

"Excuse me, mister. I'm not the one who joined first. It's you." She smirked, keenly examining his blank expression.

She shook her head and gathered the guts that she has. "Why do people like you always think that it is lonely to be alone? That's patently absurd! What makes a person lonely is being surrounded by wrong and negative people."

He looked devastated, yet, Jin Ah tried her best not to look at his upper body. But, his dainty form was just inviting that it cannot be unseen by her unveiled eyes. "Are you enjoying the view?" Jin Woo suddenly burst her bubble.

"No. I will never enjoy it." Here comes the lie.

She's stuttering, and he feels it. "I will return to the room now."

Jin Woo tilted his head and followed her eventually. "Wait. Cover yourself." Jin Ah stays away from him and avoids his gazes but he insists on placing his polo on her shoulder, protecting the skin that she'll expose while wearing her soaked peach flowy maxi dress.     

After taking shower separately, Jin Ah requested a steak night along with beer which Jin Woo gladly accepted. For him, something's up to his partner for the next few days and he wants to know her pain, at least.

"This one is comfy. Your shirt became a dress on me." Jin Ah shared while drying up her hair.

"Let's eat. I'm hungry. I didn't have lunch."

"Why didn't you eat some?"

"I don't know. I'm just unmotivated to eat anything unless I'm starving."

Jin Ah goes to his way, brushing her hair with a comb. "Don't you ever do that again."

He looked at her cluelessly. "As if you care for me, Ms. Yoon."

"Yoo Jin Woo, a person can't think and behave properly if he doesn't have a proper meal to feed his stomach. Remember that."

"I'm a picky eater. The only thing that I can eat without feeling hungry is anything made by my mom."

"Where's your mom?"

"Where's your husband?" he questioned back, obviously to tease her.

"We shouldn't talk about impertinent people here. Now, where is she?"

Jin Woo got the point and didn't try his luck to ask for it anymore. "She will spill it when she's ready," he believed.

"She's super far away from me. She's now in a place where she and my brother are safe and free." He looked up, staring at the ceiling.

"Are you crying?"

"I'm not."

"Don't hide it. Why are you keeping your emotions?"

"I'm not keeping it."

"Yes, you are."

He exhaled heavily, "Now that my two loved ones were gone, no one understands my feelings anymore. I guess people are tired of me. Well, I guess even myself are exhausted enough to let out my emotions. I can't even comprehend myself."

"I don't have anyone. My father remarried and never consulted me. I have a friend but he's always with girls. And I don't want girls."

With furrowed brows, Jin Ah faced him closely as he can clearly feel her mouth breathing. "Even me, Mr. Yoo?" Jin Ah released a sweet smile on her face, making Jin Woo's heart pound abnormally. "You don't like a girl like me?"

Jin Woo gasped at her appearance — her collarbone is showing off and water from her crowning glory drops on his shirt's hem. He swallowed hard, he thought that she was at her best when he first saw her earlier in the morning but Jin Ah's wet look made it the best. This lady is more attractive without any makeup on.

"That silence means yes. Shall we eat dinner now? Let's go, Yoo Jin Woo." Jin Ah urged him just like nothing happened.

"What the..." Jin Woo didn't have the choice but to join her for dinner as he knows that what he felt inside eventually will pass... Hopefully.