The Bunker

I remember waking up and my head was pounding like a drum kit was engraved into my head. My eyesight was blurry at first but then I could see nervous faces all around me. There were children, adults and elderly all fearing for their lives.

I asked a lady sat on a rusty bench 'Where am I?'  She shakily replied with ' Your lucky they found you'. I pulled myself up and scrambled to ask some soldiers stood by the door where I was. They responded coldly ' The Earth is falling apart up there'. He pointed to the ceiling. ' It's very dangerous," we are the ones who have survived'.
I clenched my throat, I was dying of thirst and hunger. In the corner of the dull bunker there were food rations and bottles of water. I quickly grabbed some biscuits and water. I was then warned that, that would be the only food and water I would get today. It became clear that they were expecting us to be down here for a while.
A week had gone by, I was missing my family and friends. I was missing the fresh crisp air, which I had took for granted before. I missed seeing the trees swaying in the free wind.

Over the few days, I began to grow close to a boy called Edward. He had the most attractive features. His jawline looked as sharp as the edge of a piece of paper. His piercing blue eyes shot through me like a bullet. He was tall and slender and had a charming aurora surrounding him. His light brown hair was as soft as silk.
Maybe it wasn't going to be as bad as I thought it would be.