Chapter 6: Merely A Memory

Warning:
- Swearing

Not Edited
——————————————
And I know we weren't perfect
But I've never felt this way for no one
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone
I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

-Drivers License (Olivia Rodrigo)
——————————————

☕️🎭📱

-3 years later-

The sound of the chimes could be heard across the cafe. Signaling that someone has entered. Though no one batted an eyelash, too busy with their own business. Little did they know that Louis Tomlinson has entered the small cafe, running and hiding from the paps and was catching his breath.

He didn't know how they found him. He assumed that they followed him from the photoshoot he just came from but he didn't think they'd see through his disguise.

But to be honest? His disguise was absolute shit.

That is, if you'd even call it a disguise.

Turns out a hoodie and shades wasn't enough to hide his identity, but he didn't have a choice because it'd be too humiliating if someone recognized him and was wearing a full disguise, wig and everything.

And trust him when he said he tried.

Louis groaned, face palming and rubbing his face for making him remember that god awful memory while walking to the queue.

"Oh my god you're Louis Tomlinson" someone gasped as he lined up for his tea, making Louis turn around to get a look at the person who recognized him. He didn't want to draw much attention to himself. That would just defeat the whole purpose of hiding in here.

"Yeah I am" he laughed, smiling his signature smile at the teenage girl whose eyes were wide with shock. He absolutely loved meeting his fans, they have always been so sweet and understanding.

The girl soon snapped out of her trance. "I'm so sorry for disturbing you, I didn't mean to-" she rambles cheeks flushing red because of being flustered. Not that anyone could blame her, the way she handles meeting someone she is a fan of is quite well. Louis has seen some fans who just completely had a breakdown not that it was a bad thing. Again it was completely understandable he has done it when he met his idols as well.

He shudders from remembering another embarrassing memory, this time about his meltdown meeting his idol but quickly snaps out if it and brings his attention back to the girl.

"Nonsense love, it's completely fine. Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked moving a step backward as the line moves still facing the girl.

Louis could see the teen internally panicking so he opens his arms to signal a hug and she immediately accepted. Finally relaxing from the comfort in the hug.

Once they got their drinks Louis ended up giving her an autograph and a picture and receiving multiple "thank you"s from the girl. He thanked her as well and went in their separate ways but just as he was about to open the door he sees a man with curly brown hair and he doesn't know why but he got this familiar fluttery feeling when he saw the man. He didn't think that much about it though.

So much has changed since these three years. From an average high school graduate he was now a theatre actor on Broadway. So far he has been in three musicals and people are betting on when he will finally win a Tony, he highly doubts he's getting one though. He still feels like the same lad he was years ago.

After Harry left, Niall still stayed as a part of their friend group. He was the only one as well to keep in full contact with Harry. Liam and Zayn talked to him every now and then before but it soon stopped as their lives got busier. When the three of them graduated they didn't get to spend as much time together, especially with Niall since he was a year below them.

Zayn, Liam and Niall went on to college while Louis started working, taking online schooling and seeing Liam once again in a production in Heathers. Liam worked backstage but occasionally he'd replace someone in the ensemble where as Louis was playing J.D., one of his most interesting roles if he honest. He got to act as a murderous psychopath and people loved him for it.

Lately though Liam gas been trying to convince him to audition for a role in a new musical. Not only him but he's been trying to convince Niall and Zayn as well every time they hanged out together. Now don't get him wrong he would love to audition for the role but he was scared that if he would get it he wouldn't be able to give the role justice.

He would be originating the character, there was no movie, book or event that happened in real life that he could get the idea of the character from. Louis would have to create the standard for this character, the standard that the next following actors after him would have to follow. And the blue eyed man doesn't know if he could do it.

He missed Harry dearly, Louis was so scared to approach him through social media as things were already completely different before Harry left. Let's just say that their relationship was already hanging off a thread at this point so it was better off to let it go.

Louis smiles slightly at the sight of the theater. He had to film a bit for broadway.com since it was their shows turn now, he was to show the behind the scenes, like his dressing room, etc. He decides that it's probably best if he started filming now.

After signing in the greets his friends and go straight to his dressing room. He tries to tame his hair and finds a good lighting to start the vlog. "Hello loves! Welcome to another episode of "Behind the Cast" we have two shows today which is exciting because i'm going to get to meet you lot."

/\/\/\/\

And here we are! The update that took absolute forever. Good news though, school is about to end in a few weeks so i'd maybe be able to focus on this now.

So this is the first chapter of part 2, how do we like it?

Vote & Comment and please stay safe!

1088 words