Dinner

*Aria's POV*

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! Stupid fucking alarm! Of course I didn't get any sleep last night. Today is the day that Mason and I announce our engagement for the first time to his parents. Though, that is not the reason I didn't get any sleep. For the first time in two and a half years, I am going to see Xavier. Mason and I haven't kept in touch with him, but his parents have. A few months after the incident, he and his parents started talking to him again because he is their son after all. They swear that he's changed but I don't really believe that. On top of it all, Xavier is now engaged to Valentina, again. When Mason told me about their engagement I was shocked to say the least.

Just breathe, Aria. Today is going to be fine.

"Hi love. How are you feeling? I noticed you were tossing and turning all night." Mason walks out of the room to the living room where I am sitting on the couch.

I glance at him as he makes his way to the kitchen to fetch himself a cup of coffee.  He definitely slept last night. His messy blonde hair is all over the place. The grey sweatpants he's wearing are hanging low on his hips, giving a hint of his toned v-line and his bare chest shows how built he is.

"Yeah, I didn't sleep much. I guess it's just nerves." I wrap my body in the blanket that sat next to me.

"Aria, I know when you are lying." I hate that he knows me so well. "You can tell me the truth," here it comes. "You don't want to tell my parents yet. No worries. You know that they love you like you were their daughter. You don't have to be afraid of them not liking you. Aria, we've been together for two years. If they had an issue with you they would have voiced it by now. " I guess he doesn't know me as well as he thought.

"You're right. I just feel weird telling them. They worry me more than telling my family. My brother and dad can be a tad overprotective." I lie through my teeth but still give a small smile. One thing I learned from my past relationships was to hide my feelings.

"Alright, love. I just want you to feel comfortable." He kisses me on the lips quickly and goes back to the bedroom to get ready for the day.

I spend the day in some light blue jeans, a black top, and my converse. You may find it hard to believe, but I own more than business wear. I go and pick up a nice dress for today's dinner. I no longer work as a PA, but following my dream as an author. After what happened with Xavier, I couldn't go back and with the whole ordeal being plastered in magazines, I didn't want to attempt applying for a similar position somewhere else. The looks and whispering is something I don't think I could handle. I haven't published anything yet, but I have been working very hard on my book for two years.

I got a plain green dress that stops around mid-thigh with a slit on the leg. The color brings out my fair skin and green eyes. The simplicity of the dress gives me confidence that I will definitely need for tonight.

I sit the entire day in my office with writer's block, my mind is too frazzled to even turn thoughts into words. It doesn't help when I can't think of anything but think of Xavier sitting near me with his pitch black hair and perfect skin tone. I love Mason, I really do, and the thought of Xavier coming back sends a chill down my spine. I feel guilty for the rift I caused in the family, I threw a wrench in Mason's relationship with Xavier. Stop it Aria! Xavier hurt you, Mason would never. You have no right to feel guilty for how Xavier treated you.

I snap out of the trance I was in and head for the kitchen to make a cup of tea. No coffee, not now anyway. I need my nerves gone, tea helps manage them.

I sit on the couch with my tea and browse through the channels. I decide on Grey's Anatomy. In my opinion it is one of the best shows to ever air.