How bad could it be?

Ella did not like reading.

In fact, Ella despised reading. With a passion she demonstrated daily, whenever she saw Ben put his trashy novels away before the beginning of a lecture. Ben and Ella enrolled the minor Psychology of Religion together. For the most part he had helped her out a lot during the more challenging parts of the subjects. The most challenging certainly being the presentation. Ben had presented more than half her share, which Ella was very grateful for. The only time Ben ever annoyed her was when he started talking about romance novels. To put it more precisely, when he tried to convince her to read them. So, when, on a particularly dreary Monday morning, Ben took a black book out of his bag with a stern expression, Ella was prepared to raise hell.

"Don't give me that look. It's a YA classic."

She looked at the black book apprehensively. Two hands holding a blood red apple stood out on the plain cover. It looked a little bit like the packaging of Ella's beloved thrillers.

"We have a presentation next Friday."

Ben started wiggling his recently dyed green eyebrows.

"You are pure evil," Ella said, sighing. "What is Twilight about anyway?"

Ella got hit by one of Bens mighty eye-rolls.

"It's about vampires."

Vampires! Perhaps, Ella thought to herself, reading a book for once wouldn't be so bad. She loved horror movies after all. She would only have to read one book, and she would be saved from a nerve wracking presentation yet again.

How bad could it be?