Too tired to talk to people

Although she had only presented for five minutes, Ella was still a ball of nerves when she left the lecture that day. She didn't have any exams that week. Just a lot of assignments due in two days. She decided that those could wait until tomorrow. She waved at Ben, and then left. On evenings like these, she needed to blow of some steam. She drove to her apartment, dropped her things. She then went to her bathroom and put on her stinky Dobok. She didn't see the point of washing something that she would use the next day.

With her sport supplies in her car, she drove to the nearest Dojang, which was half an hour away from her apartment. She had trained there since she was a little girl. Her father had insisted she'd become part of the law enforcement one day, and had thought that learning Tae Kwon Do would put her at an advantage.

Ella grimaced when she thought of the moment she'd told him she'd decided otherwise. She hadn't seen her father in over a year.

However, she was still grateful for the lessons.

Pretending her opponents were her father did wonders for Ella's nerves. After butchering them in many creative ways, the training ended. When she did, she saw that she had missed several of her mother's calls, as well as some of Bens texts. But by now, she was too tired to talk to people. So, after making a very basic dinner, Ella decided to watch some Netflix before calling it a night.

She had just finished one of her favorite series, so she had to look for something new. She scrolled through her recommended list, until she saw a familiar title.

Twilight.

A deep frown settled on her face.

How did this story ever make it on Netflix?

She would never admit it, but she was rather curious if the movie would be as bad as the book. After starting the movie, it didn't take long before she fell asleep.