seven

"Are you ready?" Chris asked while sneaking up on Kristen in the lobby chairs. She shook violently and placed her hand over her chest.

"For fuck sakes Chris." She said as they both laughed.

She got up from the seat and grabbed her keys to stuff them in her coat pocket. She then trailed behind Jason, exiting the hotel. The warm yet cool summer breeze hit the side of Kristen's face, making her hair get all over her face. They began walking down the sidewalk and Kristen was taking every beautiful and the different sights in. She still couldn't believe that she was in a different scenery.

"I would ask where you're from, but it is pretty obvious that you are a foreigner from America." Chris said while looking at Kristen and walking.

"And you guessed it right."

"What brings you here?"

"My family and I wanted to take a summer trip before I go off to college. I'm planning on going to more places in Europe but that's not gonna happen any time soon." He nodded his head making sure Kristen knows he is still listening.

"If I guess where you're from, it has to be New York."

"Yes," Kristen laughed "but it is not the New York you're thinking about. No fancy big skyscrapers like New York City. In fact, I don't even live near there, it's like a fucking six hour drive over there. Probably more including traffic."

"And this location is?" Chris said dragging the word 'is.'

"Buffalo. Buffalo, New York."

They continued to talk about their likes and dislikes, personalities, and even slightly embarrassing stories since they only knew each other for a short amount of time. Kristen smiled brightly through the night, it was like a natural euphoria. No stress, no school, no problems. "Kristen hold my hand."

Before Kristen could ask why, he grabbed her hand and ran across the busy road. Cars were honking and slamming their breaks really hard in the middle of the road to prevent hitting Chris and Kristen. Kristen smiled in happiness and fear until they reached the other side of the sidewalk.

"What the actual fuck Chris!" Kristen said as she let go of his hand to put them on her knees to catch her breath.

"Live a little Krissy." He said giving her a nickname.

"Krissy?"

He smiled and put his arm around her shoulders. "Come with me, I have something to show you."

"Well where else would I go?" Kristen joked back.

As they walked, Chris took a detour to a fairly lit ally. Kristen began to feel uneasy about the setting she was in. She didn't want to be the news headline about some American girl found dead in the back of a dumpster in London. Especially three weeks after her birthday.

When Chris released his arm from her shoulders, they walked up the stairs that led to a second floor of apartments. As they were getting closer, music could be heard blasting from an apartment.

"You're taking me to party?" Kristen questioned almost being upset.

"Relax. Nothing will happen and if anything happens, which I am not trying to jinx, it wont be pretty." Chris reassured.

Chris opened the party door and the scent sweat hit Kristen's nose. Kristen has never been to any party, unless Homecoming is considered one. Her heart began to pound through her chest. The nervous feeling ran through her body once more. It felt like her cello scene, job interview, and first day of school combined in one.