Chapter Six

It has been three hours since Shizuo has decided to dot around the doctor's house. He felt his bum numb as he clinged to the couch for sometime, Shinra merely stared outside the wide window that featured the whole city lit beautifully. It's as if he's a bird that soared around the caliginious heavens. The feeling of calmness and nothingness brimmed the doctor's chest.

Unlike Shinra, Shizuo felt uneasy. Three years has passed and this agitated feeling still lingered. Why does he have to worry about that flea he loathed eversince he set his eyes on that ravenette? Could this be pity? Sudden change of heart?

Love?

No. Shizuo mentally choked. Not that disgusting, yucky word. There's no way in hell that Shizuo will ever let that detestable word roll of his tongue. It felt and is foreign to him. Shizuo cringed and harshly pinched the poor maroon armest of the couch in an attempt to rid off that thought.

Shinra glanced at the blond. "Shizuo. Are you alright? You're breaking my armrest." The doctor bore a look of concern and pushed himself up to his feet, the empty cup of coffee now placed on the dark coffee table infront of him. He placed his arms on his hips and jerked his head to the side, awaiting for his response.

"Nothing. Just... Nothing." Shizuo hated the feeling of vulnerability and he has this mindset if he opens up, he's weak. He should be strong just as his super strength. But his facial expression contradicts his reply, it showed this stressed look,

Shinra could easily tell something is wrong. Even without sparing a glimpse. Shinra knew Shizuo for so long he's aware of his limits. He decided not to push it unless it's necessary. Shizuo's strong, he can cope with himself for now.

"If you say so." Shinra shrugged and turned his back on him. "Oh and, I forgot to tell you."

Shizuo fixated his attention towards the doctor, his eyebrow arched. "Erika's meeting up with Izaya."

Shizuo's eyes broadened. He instantly stood up causing the couch to nearly fall backwards. He was about to speak when the doctor cuts him off. "I don't know for what reason though.."

"Where is she?"

It was Shinra's turn to be shocked.

"Where is Erika?"

"That, I'm not so sure about. She merely told me she'd meet up with the lad, but she didn't tell me where she would go afterwards."

Dissapointment was clearly evident on the blond's face. But atleast Shinra didn't see it.

"Celty is outside, right?"

"Yes, but don't drag her into this. Me and my dear Celty will be out for a date." Shinra spat.

Shizuo was about to argue back but instead rolled his eyes and diverted his gaze to the door. "Fine. I'll look for her myself."

Shizuo stomped out of the room and slammed the door.

Shinra merely sighed.

~~

The blond bartender strolled along the sidewalks of ikebukuro. The city streets wasn't as active as a year ago but there were still some vehicles that streaked across the asphalt. It was a bit foggy though and the zephyr was getting pretty chilly. Shizuo should've borrowed an extra jacket for him. His bartender suit wasn't doing him no good, it just simply absorbs the cold as the sleeves were thin.

It has been an hour of finding that girl. But to no avail, he didn't.

He didn't know why he suddenly wants to look for her. Maybe because she met with Izaya? Why was he desperate?