Chapter 2.

~~~

«[X A N D E R S T O N E S]»

~~~

Another dreadful morning with the same cyclic boring routine of my life. Work. Workout. Eat. Work. Sleep. Or sometimes no sleep.

I huffed annoyingly. Moreover today I have to interview some stupid fellows for the PA job. Last week suddenly my assistant who had been working for me for not less than three years informed me that she'll quit her job because she's getting married and moving away to Canada. Now she was an amazingly organised lady of thirty. And she knew her job well. But I can't stop her from getting married. Though I made sure she gets a decent job there in one of the branches of my firm there. At least that much I could do for her satisfactory service in here. She thanked me profusely. Though shell be leaving in two weeks now, I have to find a new efficient personal assistant and Jenny my beautiful PA offered me to help train the new one till its time for her to leave. So I asked the manager to go to our official site and send out for job applicants.

I make my way of the shower and got myself ready for the dreadful day ahead. I put on some nice suit set my dark hair properly and go down the stairs to the kitchen.

Rose was already there to with my breakfast served on the table.

"Morning Rose."

"Good morning Xander!" She greeted gently. She's a nice lady of early forties and she's amazing. With her motherly nature and beautiful cooking skills, she makes my day.

"Anything you want for tonight?" She asked while I was eating.

"Um...maybe we can go for lasagna today?" I said.

"Okay, so are you coming home as usual?"

"Yeah, today I don't have any extra meetings, so I'll be back by 7:30 pm or so."

"Okay, have a good day!"

"You too Rosaline." With that I stepped out of the house.

My driver was waiting for me outside and I got into the car with a slight nod to him. Joan greeted me back and started the car. Joan was Rose's husband. Their son Michael is currently studying at Harvard's. He's a nice chap and with a very good brain.

We were halfway to my building when my phone started ringing. I without looking at the ID received it.

"Stones." I started professionally out of habit.

"Xander ..." A soft malicious voice was heard from the other side and instantly I stiffened and clenched my jaw.

"What do you want?" I barked out that made Joan look at me through the rear-view mirror.

"Aww come on baby! Don't be so serious all the time, I just wanted to talk to you for a bit." She taunted.

"Cut the crap Alissa and spit it out!" I hissed. The grip on my phone tightened and I almost thought I'd break it.

"Xanderrr, you know what I want, don't you?" She purred venomously.

"Okay then. Text me the amount and you'll receive the money by the end of the day." I say reluctantly. But I'm helpless. Yes a billionaire like me can also be helpless sometimes. She ended the call and texted her required amount. I then called up my PR head and asked him to transfer one million dollars to the account of Alissa Keys from Edward Joseph's account. Edward Joseph's account is another account of mine which the world is not aware of. Because in no way I'm transferring money to her from my own account. But the best part is that she's unaware of the sender. Don't ask how.