Chapter 8: Fondness

Clingy above

(Aries POV)

"Alright, so unfortunately, I was quite disappointed with the results but it's sort of expected anyway. Some passed, some failed and only a few excelled." He said.

I turned around to see Easton with his eyes closed and his fists clenched, waiting to hear about the topnotches of the quiz.

"There is one pair that has only managed to get two mistakes. They got 78 correct items out of 80. The highest score goes to..."

Drum roll!

"...Aries and Easton!"

The whole class then clapped for the both of us as I stood up to retrieve our quiz. It felt really good when you are acknowledged for your hardwork and accomplishment.

"Congratulations to both of you, you are now exempted from the final exam." He said.

"Thank you, sir!" I said as I walked towards Easton and gave him our paper. "You keep it." He looked up and smiled at me before I went back to my seat. As the professor began distributing the papers back, I turned around to Easton and gave him a wink which made him blush.

I really wanted to ask him if he wants to be official with me already because it's really obvious how much I like him but I am still going to get to know him further and I am still working hard to earn his trust. I am not going to pressure him into something he's not ready for.

-----

(Easton POV)

"We are here." Aries said as we arrived in front of my house.

"Just park it right there beside the bin." I said and he complied. We both hopped off the car and made our way towards the entrance of my house. I took the key out of my pocket and unlocked the front door. As I was unlocking it, I heard my puppy's footsteps coming towards the door. As soon as I opened it, she began jumping and yipping. Her tail keeps on wagging as she sees me coming inside the house.

"Hey there, Clingy! Have you been a good girl today?" I asked and she barked.

"Good girl!" I said as I pat her head.

"Wow! A corgi?" Aries exclaimed.

"Yeah! My mom and dad bought her for me."

"Well, they must be good parents then." He said.

"Yeah, they are the best. Even though they are not here with me because of work, they always make sure that I feel their loving presence. Even though they are not my biological parents, they still treated me like their own son. They have provided me with emotional and financial support throughout my years of growing up." I said.

"Oh...you're adopted?"

"Yes but that's all I know. I don't really know anything about my real parents." I said.

"Oh okay! I am sorry for asking." He said. "It's fine." I replied. I then saw Clingy looking up at Aries curiously with her head tilted to the side, as if she's wondering who this is.

"Clingy, this is my friend, Aries! Aries, this is my pet, Clingy!" I stated.

"Hey Clingy!" Aries said as he bent down to rub her head. Clingy then began to lie down on her back while Aries rubbed her belly.

"She likes you!" I said.

"Everybody likes me!" He retorted and I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, do you want anything? I have snacks, I can get you a coffee, and I have an ice cream as well." I offered.

"Um...ice cream sounds great! What flavor?" He asked.

"I have mint chocolate, and cookie dough!"

"Cookie dough please!" He said, while still petting Clingy.

"Great! That means the mint chocolate one is all mine!" I said in excitement. Aries then made a disgusted sound and it irked me. "Hey, mint and chocolate go together!" I defended.

"Only for you! Not for the rest."

"WHAT? Everyone loves mint chocolate. They complement each other." I said.

"Yeah, yeah! Fine, whatever! Can we just bring out the ice cream so we can start this celebration already?" He said impatiently.

"Clingy, do you think mint and chocolate go together?" Aries asked, which made Clingy bark and lick his hand.

"You see, even Clingy doesn't think so. I hate to break it up to you, Easton but I could never go wrong on an ice cream." He said with a cocky tone.

Ugh...look at him. He's so full of himself.

-----

It's 9 in the evening and Aries is still here. Fun has gotten us completely oblivious of the time. We are currently playing 5 second rule and it's the best game to be ever invented in the face of this earth.

"Name three of your favorite Disney movies!" I asked.

"Lion King, Toy story and..." Aries said but I cut him off in the end.

"Time's up! You lost!" I said.

"Hey, that's not fair!" He argued. "Tell that to the timer, not to me." I joked and he glared at me. I then noticed how late our celebration has ended.

"I'm sorry about this, Aries! We didn't even notice the time because we're so distracted." I apologized.

"Hey, don't worry about it! I really enjoyed our time together. Oh and by the way..."

"Yeah?" I said as I anticipated what he was about to say.

"I am going to have a training tomorrow and I..."

"...would love to come and watch you, Aries!" I continued his sentence. I swear, the moment I said that, Aries' face turned red and he gave me a huge grin.

"Well then...thanks and um...I...I...." He stuttered.

"I...guess I'll just see you tomorrow then. Bye Clingy!" He said as he waved goodbye to both me and Clingy.

"See you tomorrow!" I said before he exited the house. I fixed my stuff up, arranged the tables and chairs and washed the dishes before heading upstairs to study for a while. Clingy, being the clingy that she is, never gets tired of following me around. As soon as I went inside the room, she went to her cushion where sleeps on and as soon as she made herself comfortable enough on it, she quickly fell asleep already.

I sat at my desk and began reading some of my textbooks and every once in a while, I would get distracted, thinking about Aries all the time. My fondness of him has grown more day by day. I am not sure what is happening but it's certain that I like him as more than a friend.