CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I'm sorry

When I woke up I wasn't on the school floor, I was in a hospital bed in a room with a window and Michael sleeping on a chair. I started tearing up and let out a little cry and Michael woke up and held my hand, I didn't know what was happening but I could tell that it wasn't good. The nurse came in and told us that my treatment had failed again, "thank you for informing me" I said with a sigh "are we allowed to go home now?'' I added "yes. You're lucky again Dakota, if it happens again there will be no recovery" I nodded at the nurse, I knew exactly what had happened. Ashton picked us up from the hospital and he asked what went down, "well the one thing that we thought wouldn't come back came back so that's fun" Ashton pulled the car over and immediately hugged me "oh shit, are you fucking for real? They said that the treatment had worked. I swear I'm going to lose my shit it that fucking happens again" Ash was furious and I could tell that Mikey was confused. "Um Ash, if it happens again there's no coming back for me, that's it then," I said, Michael still had no idea what was happening but he comforted me anyway, Ash started to tear up and so did Mike. I started to know that if it happened again Michael would be all alone and Ash would be depressed for the rest of his life and I don't know how it would affect anyone else yet. When we got back to my place I messaged everyone and told them to meet at my place because I needed to tell them something. A few hours later everyone was sitting in the lounge room and I had put comfort food and tissues on the table just in case, everyone except Ash looked confused. "I called everyone here to explain what happened today at school and what happened while Michael and I were at the hospital. I'll give you guys the bad news, when I was younger I had a lot of problems and it's very serious. I have had a lot wrong with me for a lot of years and this is a major problem. I have an issue with my kidneys that has gotten to the point where they can't do anything else to help me because the treatment isn't working so if it happens again I might need to have a kidney transplant and the issue with me passing out today is because I refuse to eat some days and it makes me weak and I pass out but when I put that all together it's a disaster" I looked around the room everyone looked calm, not a peep out of anyone. I looked over at Chloe, her face was in shock. "Mikey, I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you anything sooner. I was just scared how you'd react" he just held my hand and looked me in the eyes, "it's okay baby, there's nothing to be ashamed of. I get why you were feeling like that" he kissed my forehead and then we wanted to watch a movie. Michael came back with some food and blankets and we all got comfortable.