39 - ....Is Conspired By Fate

HER PLAN...

Good morning, Aly!

Good morning Mela! What's my appointment for today? Aly asked her secretary as she walked to her office.

It was Monday and she thought she could be free the whole week so she can spend the whole period with Den. She was planning to take her to a restaurant, where she made a full reservation of the place. There, she would ask her again to marry her and she'll make sure she won't say no. Of course, she won't dahil maski ito ay against sa kagustuhan ng ama. She even hinted they elope. She would suggest the same.

She can't be forever afraid of Mike Lazaro. And her intention with Den is pure. Patutunayan niya dito na hindi niya niloloko o lolokohin ang anak nito. She has no other way to prove to him but marry Den. And as long as Den is beside her, kakayanin niya lahat. Maski galit ang ama nito. The only important to her now is Den, only Den.

Her plan was not unknown. And unknown to Den, she talked to her mommy.
.
.
.
.

Tita, thank you for meeting me at such short notice, bati niya sabay halik sa pisngi nito. That day after their lunch, she quickly finished her meeting and called Den's mother and asked if she could see her.

Walang problema, hija. I was in the area din naman, so okay lang. What do you need to talk about?

First, I'm sorry if I did not visit you at your house instead of us meeting here in a restaurant. To be honest, I am avoiding your husband and I don't want him to know that I talked to you. Okay lang po ba yun sa inyo?

Depende sa pag-uusapan natin. What is it?

It's about Den.

Of course, what else! What about my daughter?

I know I told you last time in Austria that I'm going to marry her some day. And you said I can ask you again when it is possible to do so. This time I'm going to ask again. Tita, will you give us your blessing? I am now asking for Den's hand to be my wife.

Pero paano ang five years?

I'm sorry po but I can't do that. I love your daughter so much I couldn't wait for the five years to finish. I know your husband will be angry, but frankly, I don't care anymore. Mas importante sa akin ay ang makasama ang anak ninyo. If I wait for five years, I cannot guarantee that I won't take her innocence. I want to make an honest woman out of her now.

And how can you be sure she'll agree?

The first time I asked her she said no because of doubts. But I feel she'll agree this time. We argued about it a lot, though both of us agreed that your husband's condition was unfair. I feel, this time, I'll have her yes, she confidently said.

And my husband? What are you gonna do about him, about the conditions?

I'll face his anger. I will have a lifetime proving to him that he can trust me by showing him how much I love his daughter.

You're willing to face his ire?

As long as your daughter's beside me, and trust and believe me. I can face anyone, especially your husband.

I have seen your sincerity Alyssa since that day we met in Austria and I've seen in your eyes how much you love my daughter, so yes, I'm giving you my blessing. Assuming she'll say yes, you can marry her anytime. You can forget the five years. You have my support in this decision of yours.