10

This is getting ridiculous!  He wants me then he doesn't! I don't know what to do any more! I shouldn't have to convince my mate to be with me! I just wish I knew what was going on in his head.

"Mark him." My wolf says. I sit up on my bed.

"I can't. Not without his permission and not without a ceremony." I respond.

"His wolf wants us to. I can feel it. He thinks it will help his human." She argues.

"No." I state firmly.

"I want mate!" She yells.

"Me too but not like that!" I respond. "I'm gonna convince him to spend time with me. The mate bond should help if we are in close proximity."

"And if that doesn't work we mark him." She says.

"No, we wait." I argue.

I decided to go to every training offered. At training he has no choice but to talk to me. I just want to make sure he is okay. My wolf is worried about him but doesn't know why. If he rejects me I'll back off but until he does I'm going to try to figure him out.

°•°•°•°•°

"Rapid shift training." His beautiful voice calls out gaining everyone's attention for our mid day training. "You should be able to shift in 5 seconds. This timer will go off every 60 seconds for ten minutes then decrease by one second every other cycle. When the timer rings you shift. If you don't shift, well... I have excellent aim." He says tossing a baseball in the air and catching it. Man he's HoT!

"We can't shift that quickly!" A man yells.

"You will learn." Asher says.

"We need more time!" Another adds.

"War won't wait for you... do your best and you will improve." He responds. "Prepare to shift."

I remove my shirt in preparation to shift. Before I can move to my shorts a voice stops me.

"What do you think you are doing?!" He asks as he stalks over to me.

"You said to get ready to shift." I answer.

"Not you!" He growls.

"No. You can't avoid me when it suits you then act like a mate when you feel like it! I'm here to train so suck it up, Mate!" I stand tall challenging him. He growls grabbing my arm and dragging me to the back of the crowd.

"If you look behind you I use knives instead of baseballs!" He growl to the men who keep their eyes forward. I try not to laugh. Is it bad that I like him like this?

"You just gave me a view of all the men in the pack Asher." I link him fueling his jealousy and he growls.

"Focus on your training Emily." He links back.

"I could just focus on my trainer." I respond grinning at his behavior.

"Knock it off!" He growls. I chuckle before blocking the link. Score one for Emily and the mate bond.

"Begin!" He announces hitting the timer once he is back up front.

DING!

Everyone begins to shift.

DING!

The balls begin to fly and the men groan and yelp as they impact their bodies. I made it through a few shifts before I fall behind. With no hope of catching up I just go as fast as I can. I know I'm not fast enough but he never throws a ball at me.