16

After breakfast Ash heads over to the training grounds. I know seeing the bruises hurts him so I decided to stay home today. I know it isn't his fault and I'm not hiding it but he won't be able to handle training the men with me there. I figure I'll go to dad to get some advice. He had some trouble with mom at the beginning so maybe he can help.

"Hi daddy." I greet as I enter his office. He looks up at me and growls.

"He did this to you!?" He yells.

"Calm down daddy. It was an accident. That's what I'm here to talk to you about." I tell him and he moves over to the couch in the corner of the office. I sit next to him and take a deep breath.

"Ash had a nightmare." I start trying not to cry. "It was like a mob of people attacking him accusing him. He was thrashing around. He didn't mean to hurt me. I tried to hold him down and didn't do to well." I chuckle trying to make him less tense. "I want to help him but don't know how." Dad sighs as he holds my head examining the bruises.

"He is bigger than you Emily. Your momma had nightmares but I could hold her to calm her. You can't do that. Don't even try... I bet the boy is beating himself up over this. Am I right?" I nod a Yes and he nods in return. "Use the bond. You said you could see his nightmares? Use that. He is keeping his mind open to you so comfort him within the dream. Get out of the bed if he gets violent. Don't put yourself in harm's way or he will be even worse off when he sees he's damaged you. Hopefully with time the nightmares will go away."

"Thanks Daddy." I say as I hug him and kiss his cheek.

"Here." He says handing me a jar of cream. "Put this on and the bruises will be gone by lunch."

"Really?!... why do you have this in your office?" I ask.

"Sometimes I convince your uncle and the head warriors to fight me. It takes a lot of them to damage me but when they do I need to heal quickly. You know your momma. A mother hen that one. She'd kill me if I came home injured." He explains.

"Fair enough... and thank you. I think it will help Ash once he sees the bruises are healed... help him if you can. He respects you. You might do better helping him than me." I wish I could fix everything he struggles with but I can't. Maybe dad can help him too.

"I will... and honey... you know how the whole Alpha King thing gives me ridiculous senses?" He asks.

"Yea?" I ask drawling out the word confused as to why he is bringing this up. He smiles and leans in to whisper in my ear.

"I'm gonna be a grandpa!" He smiles at me as my jaw drops.

"Wa?.... How?.... Hu?... how can you know? Is it a boy or girl?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Right now I can simply smell the new life has started. I can't see the future so I don't know gender. It will take 5 months to be born you can find out gender in two or three. I've been through this three times with your mother, trust me." He laughs and I smile hugging him.

"I'm gonna be a mom!... what about Asher? How will he respond? Don't tell him! He can't know yet! He needs to be in a better mental state first." I rant and Dad nods.

"To bad his parents aren't here. I talked to the parents of the other boys. If he could hear from his parents what happened how they don't blame him. It could have helped him." Dad says then I get an idea.

"Why don't you get the other boy's parents here. It could help. The parents could hear about their boys and Ash could hear about how the hunters took them. It could help both parties." I suggest.

"I'll make the calls." He agrees and I smile.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

The meeting with the parents of the other boys left my mate in tears. Seeing such a strong man break is heart wrenching. The Alphas told him that they were proud of who he has become. I think it meant more coming from those men. The men who could have been his father had fate spun a little differently.

Asher is just emotionally drained at this point as I guide him home. He hasn't spoken since we left the office but he hasn't let me go either.

I take him home and tuck him into bed climbing in after him.

"I love you Ash." I say as he pulls me to him spooning me with his nose in my hair.

"I love you to... I think... I think I need to stay." He says and I pause. Is he saying what I think he's saying?

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"It would be cowardly and selfish to end my life. Alpha Samuel (The father of one of the other boys in Titan(Asher)'s group) said that a lesser man would have killed himself. I don't want to be a lesser man. I'm gonna fight for you Emily." He says and I turn around in his arms. I can't help but kiss him after that.

"You'll fight for me and our pup." I tell him and his eyes go wide.

"A pup! How? I mean I... how is this possible?" He stammers.

"You see when a man loves a woman..." I start and he flips me over on my back the sudden movement stopping my words.

"I know how pups are made, mate." He growls playfully. "How do you know?"

"Alpha King senses. He told me this morning. I guess you have one more thing to live for." I tell him and he smiles.

"I guess I do." He smiles kissing my flat stomach. "Daddy loves you little wolf... And I'll never leave you if I can help it." He whispers to our unborn pup.

At this moment I can say I am truly happy.

[If you want to read the meeting read Chapter 16 of Titan. All the details weren't necessary for this book and it was a long meeting. If not the info here should be enough for you to understand the story.]