👻〖 Cute Boy on the Bus 〗👻

⊱ ────── {⋅.👻.⋅} ────── ⊰

Chapter  01

Y/N POV

Jesus, this is hard! I thought, as I sprint down the street to the 53 bus, which just pulled off from my bus stop. Why me? Why does this happen every day? Maybe I should take up running...

Exhausted and exasperated, I could feel my legs slowing down. I force myself to run faster, harder. I gotta keep up.

I can't be late for work again this week! My boss will kill me and I need this job! The bus is about halfway to the next bus stop. I'm so so close.

Running late, again. Chasing after the bus, again. Thanks to my roommate and best friend, Kang Yina, for waking me up late. She said that she was busy, and that was when her girlfriend, Lee Eunji walked past my bedroom, with a large t-shirt on, eating an apple. She took a double take and waved at me with a cheeky smile, mouth full of apple.

I looked back at Yina, eyebrows furrowed, giving her the 'really, bitch?' face.

"Okay, I'm sorry! We got carried away, and everybody knows morning sex is the best sex-"

"Ew, Ew, Ewww! Please, shut up!" I whine, covering my ears and kicking the sheets off of me.

Shaking her head at me and folding her arms across her chest, "I can't believe you call yourself an adult. Y'know adults talk about sex, allll the time," She exaggerates.

"Oh my God, get out, you pervert!" I say, getting out of bed to shove her out of my room.

"You see, kiddo. The human body is a beautiful thing. So, when you see a good-looking man or woman, you'll find yourself getting aroused. Arousal is when-" I slam the door in her face before she could ruin the little innocence I had left.

Finally seeing the time, I rush to do my morning routine and get dressed. Before I ran out of our apartment complex, Yina yelled down the stairwell, "Say hi to lover boy for me!", shaking my head as I locked the door behind me.

Every day, I take the bus to work. The ride was long and it was hard to walk on foot. The bus stops at the red light at the intersection. This gave me enough time to make it to the crosswalk and get to the bus stop before the bus did.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I pull my bus card out of my purse.

Stepping onto the bus, I greet my friend, "Good Morning, Soohyun!" I try to stay cheerful despite being out of breath. Soohyun works as a bus driver, in his mid-30s, has two sons and a loving wife. He worked as a bus driver during the week and had a second job on the weekend. His wife was a writer and worked part-time at the convenience store down the street from my house. Mrs. Kim would sometimes stop by the apartment to give me snacks and leftovers.