Story Down Memory Lane

(Author's Note: the next couple or few chapters are going to be able Nora and Rosette. About their history and connection.)

Nuka World. A new and unfamiliar location to the Wasteland's synthetic detective, Nicholas "Nick" Valentine, and the Sole Survivor of a tragic vault malfunction that killed everyone but her, Nora Miller. They had very little information to go on about Nuka World. That in itself was odd but not expected. Rumors did provide a potential idea. Rumors of a raider run amusement park. Rumors of a safe haven for everyone who enters. Rumors of quite the opposite, of violence and corruption. Whatever the truth may be... it wasn't a deterrence to Nick and Nora. Even if it was... it wouldn't stop them. Not if it means saving the one who has changed their lives for the better. This fact started a rather long series of conversations about Rosette. Starting off with the simplest of topics. Nora looked at Nick, her chocolate brown eyes were full of compassion despite the trauma she had experienced. "It's... hard to believe that Rosette was kidding. She's been targeted a few times before the war. Always been able to fight them off. This... isn't right... someone managed to sneak up and knock her out. But I know that she'll put up a fight and attempt to escape until she's free." Her voice full of certainty. Nick glanced to Nora, feeling a bit nervous... scared. He didn't want anything bad happening to his light... his world. He didn't want another Jenny incident. But he knew that Rosette would be just fine. She's tough and persistent. A small sigh, Nick replied "It's hard for me to believe too. But I know that she'll be just fine. For someone who looks to sweet and innocent, Rosette can pack a punch. She's strong... dedicated... and smart. If we don't rescue her, she'll rescue herself." He fell silent for a moment "So... how exactly did you meet Rosette? I've been meaning to ask you.". Nora smiled at the memory. "Well. It's actually nothing as exciting as your first time meeting Rose but it's certainly a day I will always cherish. It was a fall morning. October 3rd 2056. It was a cold, bleak and rainy morning. I was just starting law school. I was out at a cafe. That's when she entered. Rosette went to order some food and a coffee. But the only problem is that she just arrived from France. Didn't speak a lick of English. She kept trying to order and the cashier just couldn't understand her." She held back a chuckle as she continued to speak "I definitely put the French classes from high school to good use" her chuckle escaped her lips. "Poor thing looked pretty hungry so I decided to help her. I went over to Rosette and spoke to her in full French and translated what she said to English. I'll tell you what... her smile made that bleak and rainy day so much better. I couldn't help myself... I invited her over to sit with me. For someone who is new to America, she felt super comfortable talking to a complete stranger who did a good deed. We chatted back and forth in French. Turns out that she had moved from Saigmon, Vauclue. First time she moved from France actually. She was looking for more opportunities to help people. Turns out she was a detective back in France. One of the best. I never found out why she left the force. I didn't press her about it. But I had to go to class. So we exchanged numbers and I gave her my address. Told her if she ever need me, she can always call or stop by and I'll eagerly help her. The rest is history." Nora's smile was sweet and full of joy. Nick was smiling himself. "That's... amazing. Not enough people who are willing to help a foreigner who is a complete stranger." The memory being shared definitely had shaved some time off of their journey.