Chapter 3: Is this GRASS?!

After the games and eating of the night He Bing goes off by herself towards the lake. During the game she had a flashback of a story her father was going to tell her. "He climbed upon the lotus and..."
    She looks around and saw the giant metal lotus at the top of the pier roof and climb to it. There she found a button and when pressed, it reveals a secret space in which there is a necklace. Not think too much, she figures that it was pretty cool and kept it but now it makes her wonder, could the story be real?
    When He Bing returns to where everyone was, the Lan disciplines quickly appeared behind her as well.
Zili: you're just in time! I'm assigning room!
Zizhen: I'll room with Jin Ling.
Jin ling: I'll pair with Zizhen.
Jin Chan: what about me? I'll be alone? Hmp! Fine!
Zili: the Lan discipline will be together, and there are only two other girls here to He Guniao and Pei Guniao will pair together. Meng Yao and Wen Ning together. Wen Zhuliu gets his own room.
Wen Chao: Eh! What about me? I'll get my own room.
Zili: actually, you guys suck so bad as a team that I've decided to let you guys room together. Goodnight everyone!
Zili walks away with the twelve other disciplines following her.
Zizhen: let's go check out our room!
Jin ling nod excitingly and they sprint to a room.
The Lan disciplines, Wen Ning, and Meng Yao along with Wen Zhuliu all left to their room.
He Bing stands still with her arms crossed.
Yingtai glances at her them looks down again.
He Bing: Lead the way.
Yingtai: oh (nods)
The walk away.
Wen Chao: you know, He Guniao is nothing like the story.
Jin Chan crosses his arm: I hate to say it but I agree.
Wen Chao: that discipline with her even seems more accurate to the stories .
Jin Chan and Wen Chao looks at each other then scoff turning away from each other. 🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙
Jin Chan: you sleep outside the door.

 🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙Jin Chan: you sleep outside the door

Wen Chao: no, you sleep outside the door. 🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙🐙
They glare at each other then sprint for the room, racing each other. 🐙🐙🐙
Meanwhile in He Bing and Pei Yingtai's room, a single candle remain lit.
Yingtai and He Bing each lay on their own beds across each other.
Yingtai: He Guniao, aren't you going to take off your shoes?
He Bing: what if I have to run in the middle of the night?
Yingtai: oh~ what about your blade? Isn't it heavy?
He Bing: never know when I'll need it and it's only heavy for everyone else.
Yingtai: should I smother the candle.
He Bing stays quiet.
Yingtai: perhaps she feel asleep already?
Yingtai is about to get out of bed to blow out the candle but then He Bing responds.
He Bing: no, I can sleep in the dark.
Yingtai lays back down in her bed: oh, alright then. Good night, He Guniao.
Yingtai turns away and closes her eyes then she hears the sound of boots landing on the ground and the leather strap with Shao Lei being taken off, also clattering on the floor. Then she heard He Bing sighs in relief.
He Bing thinks Yingtai is asleep and whisper: Pei Guniao, thank you...for being me.
   She takes off her mask and coat, folding it neatly next to her as she falls asleep.
Yingtai is glad that's she's able to help out He Bing even though it was really unexpected as she falls into a deep sleep.
***********************************
       The next morning, a low gong sounds from the chambers. He Bing wakes up and find the bed across hers already empty. She quickly puts on her boots, put on her mask and coat, then strap on Shao Lei, walks out the door to check what that sound could be.
       Zili holds a mallet in her hand: sit, sit as you come.
       Some were awake and ready to start the day [ahem, Lan Disciplines] each sitting in a line of seats.
       He Bing takes a seat, third to last, next to Zizhen.
     Zizhen smiles warmly: Pei Guniao, did you sleep well?