Chapter 27: Our Savior, Nie Huaisang

Yingtai meets with Lan Qiren who has just excused the Heiring Crowns back to rest after all the planning. Yingtai is in a panic as she explains to Lan Qiren her dream.

Yingtai: Grandmaster Lan, I- I think I know who I am destined to protect.

Lan Qiren shakes his head: A specific person? I've never heard...Pei Guniao, could there be something you have not told me?

Yingtai nods: Just a few nights before I visit my parents, the old man came back. He told me that there is a person of destiny as well, someone that I am meant to protect and I have crossed path with this person already. Just now, I dreamed that a house was burning and while everyone was outside pouring water, I ran inside and saw who it was. I think it is the person I am destined to save. The old man says in replace of mine, this person will save the others.

Lan Qiren: Well? Who is it?

A FEW MOMENTS LATER

Nie Huaisang: huh? Me? (uses his fan to point at himself) Oh right, where is A-Bing? No one has told me where she went.

Zewu Jun: She left as soon as the news was heard.

Nie Huaisang: You mean, my meimei left and none of you stopped her? I must go after her right now, even if you won't

Yingtai: Nie Gonzi, please, you can't. You must stay put, stay safe. If the time is now then it will only be you who can stop this darkness that is coming.

Nie Huaisang: You want me to stay cooped up safely while my meimei charges forth to get back Qinghe?

Lan Qiren: We are putting out announcements everywhere so that if anyone finds them, they stop them and have them be returns.

Nie Huaisang: But- But, how do you have fast message delivery but the discipline that pass those announcement can't catch up to A-Bing? It's no use if she has already past them.

A discipline runs in with the four Yunmeng siblings along with Lan Wangji running in: Grandmaster, Lan Zongzu, we have a suspicious report!

Zewu Jun: What is it?

The discipline explains: In Youyang, a medicine clinic got robbed by a group of three rogue cultivators, it was reported that one of them was injured. Someone recognized Lan Jingyi's Lan headband and reported this.

Lan Qiren: One of them is hurt? Did they see who?

The discipline shakes his head: But there's more, one left a note. (hands Lan Qiren the letter)

Lan Qiren and Zewu Jun looks at the letter. Lan Qiren press his brows together while Zewu Jun finally cracks a small smile.

Wei Wuxian noseyly: So...? What does it say?

Lan Qiren hands the letter to Jiang Zili who reads it outloud: "Bill to Yunmeng Jiang Shi, Jiang Zili. Poisons Master of Royal Youth?!?!" (crumbles the paper then clicks her tongue) Tch! That He Bing! That is most definitely them. (pouts)