Chapter 2 - The First Ally

Blaire's POV

"My lady! I've been looking for you!"

I felt kinda dizzy from passing through time-and-space consciously.

I lifted up my head and saw a woman with gingered-hair running towards my direction.

'Who is she?'

I thought while tilting my head in confusion.  I don't know her but I think the real Victoria does because my heart suddenly felt warm seeing her.

Goodness! why didn't she leave any memories behind in her body so that life would be easier for me?

She's only a side character from the book I've read, how could I know anything about her aside from her miseries as the 'Forgotten Princess'?

I cupped my head in frustration as the woman kneeled in front of me in panic.

"My lady, what's wrong? Are you hurt somewhere?"

Her eyes looked very worried as she stared at me.

'I think she is someone who truly cares for Victoria'

I shook my head and frowned at her. I can't continue to act like the real Victoria. I don't know anything about her personality nor her close friends! The only things I am certain are the following: the 'slave treatment' she received from the empress and her children, the reason why the emperor ignores and abhors her, and her tragic marriage where she was sold as a peace treaty to a neighboring kingdom and married the 60-year- old king who abuses and rapes her every day.

Goodness! What should I do?!

I took a deep breath and met her gaze again.

"Who are you?"

The woman instantly froze as her face was filled with terror.

"M-my lady, what are you talking about?"

I shook my head and stared at the ground with a pout.

Gosh! As a child, this is all the excuse I could make.

"I'm sorry. I think I've lost my memories"

She gasped loudly and covered her mouth with her hands. She blinked a couple of time before smiling hesitantly.

"M-my lady, this is another one of your pranks, isn't it?"

I shook my head the third time and placed my palm on my forehead, trying to suppress my frustrations.

"I didn't know what happened but when I came to my senses, I was lying on the grass with a stone before me. My head hurts quite a bit right now and I can't remember anything, not even where I am or who you are"