Chapter 1 - The beginning

Blaire's POV

"---- and they lived happily ever after!"

"Good night, ate...." Yona, my youngest little sister mumbled in a very weak voice as she gave in to her heavy eyelids and left her mouth agape to ingest a yawn.

I gazed lovingly at my 4 little siblings who are now sleeping peacefully beside me and tucked the blankets to cover them from feeling the strong, cool breeze.  

"Sweet dreams, little buddies." I leaned my body forward and planted a kiss on their foreheads.

Glancing through the transparent window, I started to appreciate the beauty of the droplets from the downpour of rain that sticks through the sparkling glass.

I carefully got up and placed the fairytale book I was reading  a while ago on top of the table and grabbed my favorite book. I slowly opened the door leading towards the balcony where the cold gush of midnight winds welcomed me in glory.

The heavy rain surrenders herself unto the ocean, each fragment rippling gracefully and slowly becoming apart of the body of brine, the waves and sea-lace. I hear each watery gift, softer than the patter on a rooftop, moving in subtle waves of its own according to the wind. They are an ever-changing mosaic of the blue made so glorious by their watery-crown splashes. I could watch the rain in the sea all day, standing here with the water kissing my palm that I reached out. It is so sweet sometimes to let the calmness within feel so secure as the wind blusters of its own accord all around, tousling my long caramel hair in its dancing ways.

I looked back and closed the door behind me to avoid the wind from entering the room. The ship is moving slowly on the vast ocean. I heaved a sigh and looked up the crying sky

'June 23'

'Just a couple of more minutes before I'll be 12-years old! I can't wait to grow up!'

I smiled excitedly and brought the book that I've been holding close to my chest.

'It's such a great thing that my dad won a ticket that makes us ride a cruise ship! It's my first time setting foot in a luxurious place!'

My family and I lived in the forest since I was born. Surving through the plants and animals caught by my parents in the wild, we lived a very simple life yet capable enough to fill the cave with happiness and laughter.

When Zeref, my 4th and youngest sibling was born, we transferred into a village and my papa started to work in the capital. One day, he went home with the tickets on his hand saying it's a prize that he won and that's how we arrived here. My lips curved upward as I smiled happily at the empty air while reminiscing precious memories in my head.

Suddenly, the ship began to rock sideways as the waves began to get rough. I gasped loudly and strongly held on the metal rail.

'What's happening?!'

I panicked at the sudden strong wind that aggressively blew in our direction. The once calm waters became unruly and started to danced mischievously with its waves. I desperately reached for the door but as I twisted the knob,  it was locked!