Chapter 30

Today's the day. I was so confident of my decision to move to LA but Harry did put a seed of doubt in his head when he asked me if I was moving for me or for Billie. I answered I was moving for me but I wasn't enitrely confident with that answer. Moving to LA has always been a dream of mine but I've always heard the likelihood of getting anything other than depression is slim to none. I do have Billie by my side but I don't want to use her in any way. If I make it, I want it to be because of myself and my talent not because whose on my arm. My management company is in LA and I did get some credit for writing that song for Halsey. I'm banking on that to get me somewhere but I am trying to be realistic just in case I blow up in flames.

I've packed all my belongings into a storage unit and am renting out my apartment. Harry is trying to save up money and wants to stay in his share house or else I would have offered the apartment to him. He's picking me up in half an hour so we can go out for dinner before my flight.

——

The flight was long and I sob for half of it. My tears were mostly for leaving Harry, worrying about the future, not being able to contact Harry or Billie for the whole flight, and watching and listening to the movies and songs on the iPad Billie gave me. I slept for the other half. I have to say that being in first class does make it easier to fly. Not only has Billie ruined hotels for me, she's now ruined flying. I make a mental note to not get a big head from the way she spoils me. Wearing her hoodie does make the flight cosier.

——

As soon as I land, I receive a text message from Billie 'YOU'RE HERE!' it reads. I gave her my flight number so she can track my arrival. I'm so groggy from the interrupted sleep that I have to take a moment to adjust. Billie said she'd meet me at the airport but I insisted that I drive to her. There are way too many people that know her here and she'd be too out in the open with me. It's just too risky. She agreed on one circumstance, she sends a car to me. Once I pick up my bag from baggage claim, I head to arrivals and see a man in a black blohsh tshirt, black pants, and sunglasses holding a sign that reads 'Kristina'. I walk up to him and introduce myself. He takes my bags and I follow him to the car. I take a deep breath when we get outside. The butterflies in my stomach go crazy when I think of seeing Billie in less than hour.