CHAPTER THREE

I hate it when my surrounding is so loud that I can’t even think of a single thought. I hate it when loud songs are being played.  I hate being surrounded by so many people who didn’t even matter to me, and I to them. 

But what I hated the most, is you not being here by my side…

(FLASHBACK)

The carnival came to town this week. Everyone was excited and already made their plans to visit it during the weekend. And here I am, standing here like a fool, waiting for her. We decided to be here this Saturday night. We saved our allowances the whole week, even skipping breaks to just meet the cost of the entrance ticket. But now, Marge is nowhere to be found. Some of our classmates are already here. We’re just waiting for a few others including her. After 30 long minutes, she’s still can’t be found. 

“Come on Dee, Marge’s not coming. Let’s go and start trying the rides.” one of my classmates said.

“You go ahead. I’ll try to wait for her. Maybe, she’s just running late.” I answered trying to look in all directions. 

“Okay, we’ll go ahead. Just look for us then.”

After another 30 minutes, she’s still nowhere to be found. I decided to give up and just walked home. 

“Hey, you” I heard as I was passing the BIG TREE.

“Marge, why are you here? You know, I was waiting for you in the carnival. But you never showed up.”

“I’m really sorry. I know, I promised that we’ll go, but there’s just so many laundries to finish and I needed to help my mom so she can deliver it and collect the payment.” She sadly explained. “Did you enjoy it, where are the others?” she asked.

I sighed. “I did not join them. I wanted to be there with you. But, I did buy some popcorn and apple candy. I was thinking of eating them with you tomorrow since you didn’t ….”

Before I can finish my sentence, she run and hugged me. “Thank you… thank you...” she said, crying silently.

“What? You think I’ll enjoy it without you?” I asked sarcastically.

“Yeah, I did.” She said wiping her tears.

“You dummy.” I whispered before hugging her again.