chapter one

texting n.h

chapter one

Why did I say yes to this?

I’m not even enjoying myself a single bit.

Who has a party with no music and no alcohol?

I feel like if I go home now then something big is going to happen but if I stay then nothing will happen.

I stood up, dusting my jeans off from sitting on the outside bench and walked into the house so I could find a bathroom.

I had lost Meghan somewhere in the house when she left me to go ‘silent dance’ with Ashton. She could have at least stayed with me until some more of our friends came.

I walked up the stairs that were just past the kitchen, before you entered the living room.

You could say whoever owned this house had a pretty good job to be able to afford something so big. There’s not many houses around here that are like mansions and have a pool outside, with a load of garden space to go with it.

I opened a couple of doors to get to the bathroom. I even walked into a bedroom that had a couple ready to you-know-what, I’m probably going to be scarred for the rest of my life after seeing that.

I got in the bathroom and pressed my back against the door.

“Excuse me, do you mind, a little privacy here please” I heard someone say in the room. I turned around to see some blonde guy’s head looking at the side of the shower curtain.

“Oh, erm, sorry”  I muttered before opening the door.

"Wait" the guy said quickly.

"What?" I said keeping my back towards him so I couldnt see anything.

"Did you not want to stay at the party?" he asked.

"Nope, its pretty boring, theres no music, nothing fun about it at all?" I snorted.

"Oh for frick sake, no one can start a party without me, thats just typical when everyones downstairs and im taking a quick shower. I told everyone to just start without me, but clearly they're all waiting for me, which is pretty pointless" he muttered angrily.

"So this is where you live?" I asked curiously.

"Yep, well, so does my mom and dad, but you get the picture" he laughed awkwardly.

“Yeah, I knew what you meant, I’m not that darn stupid” I muttered.

“I know, anyways, don’t turn around, I’m getting out of the shower now” I heard the guy say. The shower turned off and about 5 minutes later he said he was done. I turned around to see that he was fully dressed and his hair was slightly damp from towel drying it.

“So should we get this party started?” I laughed.

“Heck yeah” he said fist pumping the air, then grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the bathroom and downstairs.

Music started blaring from the speakers moments later and the guy went into the kitchen bringing various alcohols and sitting them on a large table at the side of the room.

When he came back over he had two cups with him. He handed me one and I took a little sip out of it.

Beer.

Hmm, I guess I could deal with that. I’ll probably see if there’s anything stronger later. 

“So this is the first time I’ve seen you at one of my parties” the guy said with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah, I’m not a regular at any parties” I laughed awkwardly.

“I can tell” he snorted.

“Yeah right. Anyways, I’m going to find a friend so bye” I mumbled.

“Wait” The guy shouted.

“What?” I asked whilst turning around. 

“Is this yours? Well I think it’s yours because it was on the sofa next to you” He asked holding a phone out.

“Yeah it is, thanks. Don’t know what I’d do without it” I chuckled. 

“See you later” The guy said before walking off into the kitchen.

I left the house, just wanting to go back to my dorm. I don’t know where any of my friends went, so I may as well just go back so that I’m not by myself.

Even though that guy was pretty nice…and hot.

I didn’t even catch his name.

 Half an hour later I was lying in bed, wearing a large t-shirt, drifting off into a peaceful sleep. Ready for the weekend starting.