Chapter Sixty-One

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE

Once Charlie had left, his reunion with Bella a success despite him clearly knowing that Renesmee was certainly not adopted, the Cullen family met back up in the living room.

"Well done, Bella. I've never seen a newborn show that kind of restrain." Jasper congratulated her sincerely. 

"I'm not sure she is a newborn." Emmett chortled, eyeing Bella with a tilted head. "She's so... tame." He trailed off in a challenge. 

"Emmett, don't antagonise her. She's the strongest one in the house." Edward said, with a raised eyebrow. 

"Please." Emmett returned, completely disregarding Edward's warning. 

With Emmett's clear challenge to Bella in place, the two set up an arm-wrestling match in a clear patch of the forest not too far from the house, Emmett hauling a huge boulder over to act as their table. 

"Don't hurt yourself, Emmett," Edward said, stepping back from his wife to where the rest of the family watched. 

"Ohh this is gonna be so good," Ellie muttered with glee, eager to see the arm-wrestling match between one of the strongest members of the coven and a newborn vampire take place. 

"Alright, on three." Jasper started, standing between both sides as they squared up to each other, locking arms.  One, two..three!" 

For the first few seconds, neither arm moved, locked together and unmoving. Emmett moved to try and use this to his advantage, but Bella would not let him move her arm, the cockiness on his face quickly dissolving. Bella quickly noticed this, realising how much her strength doubled her opponent's before slamming Emmett's arm into the boulder, breaking off a huge chunk due to the immeasurable force.

"Did you see that?" Bella shouted in amazement at her newly found strength and power, kicking and punching at the boulder continuously until it was just a pile of rubble. 

Ellie smiled widely at her best friend knowing that she had finally found where she truly belonged, before cracking up at Emmett's mortification. 

"Ahh don't stress Emmett, even if I can't completely take you seriously anymore, you are still my favourite if that helps in any way." 

Renesmee Cullen had been growing up exponentially, growing each and every day, forever morphing out of her youth. It was the unknown when it came to Renesmee that scared the Cullen family the most, time becoming their most unexpected enemy yet. 

"Auntie Ellie!" The very girl who held a large majority of Ellie's thoughts nowadays was the one to pull her out of her thoughts, tugging on her sleeve to get her attention.