A Night to Remember

Trace did NOT let it go.  For days on end he badgered me about giving him a chance.  But tonight, was going to be my golden opportunity.  Tonight, we were hosting a party, the first one that we've held since Trace punched my dancing partner.  Tonight, he was certain to hook up with another woman, or knowing him, possibly even more than one woman.  After this, he could no longer claim that he was willing to try to change himself for me.  He would fall right back into his old patterns, like he always did.  Then we could settle this once and for all.

     I was eager for this all to end.  As much as a desperate, sad little part of me was loving all of Trace's attention.  The better part of me knew that this would not be a good idea.  Trace Waterford could never be serious about one woman and he would not settle down.  So as difficult as it was to constantly thwart his advances, I had to.  I just did not trust that he could change that much just because of a few hot make-out sessions.  Sure, our moments meant something to me, but I had been in love with Trace for a long time already.  Certainly, they did not mean anything to him.  Not as he claimed they did; he could not have possibly had his world altered that drastically by a kiss.

     The party was setup and we were all ready to go.  This time I chose a black, sheer, lace dress with a little black dress underneath it, so that no one saw too much.  I topped the outfit with a pair of killer black high heels, and I was ready to go.  I used my leg band to hide a few knives way up on my thigh, just in case.  I did my hair up in a bun with some chopsticks; it was a bit messy with a few strands of hair dangling in front of my face, but cute, so I felt that I could pull it off.  I finished off the look with a touch of makeup and then I joined the party that was already beginning to get started in our yard.

     I figured that Trace would already be surrounded by a gaggle of women and I casually glanced around the building crowd as I made my way towards the bar.  However, to my surprise, Trace was nowhere to be found.  Jay was already hard at work, collecting his women for the night, but Trace was somewhere missing out.

     "Maybe he already found someone to start off his night with."  I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes, dramatically.

     Moments later, Trace emerged from inside our house talking with Rico.  I ordered myself a drink as I watched them, clearly deep in conversation.  Trace was dressed as casually and sexily as he always was at these events.  He sported a crisp pair of white shorts and cobalt blue button-up shirt, that he had conveniently left, unbuttoned.  I stared at Trace's chest as the flickering light from the tiki torches, that surrounded our pool area, danced across his skin.  I was mesmerized, it was as though they were calling to me, beckoning me to come to forth and touch what I longed for.  I quickly shook my head, erasing the thought from my mind.

     I turned towards the bar and started to focus on my drink.  I needed something strong if I was going to get through tonight.  My crush on Trace had been bad enough for the past several years; now that I kissed him, a few times, I was addicted, craving more of his lips and his touch.  I had to keep myself under control.  Moments from now he would collect his first women for the night and this whole thing would be over.  I needed something stronger to reach my goal in time.

     "Couple shots."

     "Watcha want?"

     "Surprise me, Gordie.  You know me well enough by now to know what I don't like.  Make it strong."

     Gordie was our regular bartender at these events.  We could not just let anyone come into our home, especially not to work there, so we hired only people that we trust.  Gordie was our go-to for running the bar.  If we were going to have a bartender, he was going to be the best of the best; that was Gordie.