Helping Each Other (Bunny x Reader) (Short)

Days and days passed, it seems like the infection is getting worse, more animals are getting infected and acted hostile towards healthy survivors. You and Bunny were just looking for a place to rest, until then, an infected came towards you two. The blue-dressed rabbit ran together with you and entered the messed up school.

It seems so abandoned that it gives you chills on your spine. Bunny opened some lockers and nothing important is inside there, it's just a junk of textbooks with some pages ripped by the apocalypse. You found some classrooms, some are fine and some are ruined by the panic from people's swaying hands, or maybe infected breaking things into pieces with a dangerous weapon.

When you exited, you collided with an animal. It wears a purple dress, but…

The eyes seem not normal, it must be the teacher because of the yellow ruler she carried around. Her hand raised the ruler up, ready to smack your body until a carrot ceased the teacher's movements. You looked at your right, seeing the rabbit holding a crossbow in a determined expression.

"I appreciate your help, Bunny."

"You're welcome!" She replied, and you two dashed away from the infected antler. When you two approached the sewer, a potato with a hat approached you two, with a face of relief. He was known as Mr. P.

Suddenly, you fell unconscious for minutes. You could feel your body lifted up from the water in the sewer, and you were placed on a patient's bed. Opening the eyes slowly, and slowly, you saw the rabbit you went with. In a panicked expression, Bunny wished you'll eventually feel fine.

It just took around minutes and the doctors said to Bunny that you might forget to eat food days ago. But then, they panicked, and your eyes peeked to the opened door. some become one of them, some managed to evade the chaos.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Getting up, Bunny told you about the incident happening on this floor. You two escaped and the rabbit told you to gather some important equipment in case a plank blocked the door.

You saw a plank located on a bench and began picking it up. It is so big that your forehead emits drops of sweat. Until then, you saw Bunny getting chased by the infected with a large machete.

'I have to save her!' You thought and lifted down the plank. Luckily you have the gun you carried around. You draw the gun at the infected and fire the bullet. Good thing it creates a hole in the infected doctor's body, causing them to stop moving. Bunny thanked you for your help.

'I feel like I'm starting to like Bunny eventually. But I don't know if I should tell her now… or maybe later.' Your thoughts said while your hands helped her up. You continued to lift the plank somewhere.

"Wait! Let me guide you!" The rabbit said while leading you to the place where a plank is needed. A room with a large gap between the floors and you began placing the plank carefully without any damages done. Bunny and you tip-toed and reached the roof. But only to find Mr. P running away from them. Bunny looked at the sky in despair, mentioning that the helicopter left them without any reason.

"Hey Bunny." You said,

"I want to tell you something." Then, the bunny looked at your face.

"We did great on helping each other.

She giggled and began wrapping her arms around you with a kind smile forming on her face.

"Let's go find an alternative way!" Bunny exclaimed and you both agreed and also looking for the food left in some shops.

But until you and Bunny arrived at the metro…

--------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 685
Edited: June 13th, 2021