Chapter 5: Now who's he in the picture?

"You both heard me, " my father replied getting off from the table.
"Listen, I don't like the idea of being out on a date with someone I barely know just because of this business stuff, " I whispered to my brother.

"I will talk to him, " he assured me not being sure himself.
"Mom, I'm leaving, I have class tomorrow, " I said out loud enough for my mother to hear.

"Let me drop you off to your apartment, " my brother insisted.
"It's fine, I have to meet Sarah and I ain't a kid anymore." I grabbed my stuff and was walking along with my brother to the door,
"Hey, I got this. Don't be tensed about it, " he stopped me midway saying this.

"I know and go home early you have an early patient appointment tomorrow, " I smiled.
"I will leave after talking to Dad, will call you tomorrow. Text me when you reach home."
"I will, Ryung oh sorry Dr.Ryung." With that, I left my parents house.

My brother has always been my biggest support. Being from a well-known business family my parents used to be on business trips and meetings often and my brother looked after me even though we were provided with babysitters. When he left for America to complete his medical studies I was left alone but I had Sarah, my best friend. It's not easy to take time out usually when you're the best surgeon in the city, but my brother somehow manages to see me often. That's how good he is. 

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realise that I walked my way back home and that too in heels.
"I am going to have sore feet tomorrow, Oh God, " I complained.

I reached my apartment and at this point, all I wanted to do was sleep. Fighting my tiredness,  I got up to get changed and washed up.

When I hurried back to my bed I received a message from Sarah asking me about the dinner and stuff.
"Will tell you all about it tomorrow, " I texted her. Keeping my phone on a charge I went to sleep.

It was morning already but this time I had no dreams maybe because I was too tired or because I was so pissed with the thought of it getting interrupted every time because of my alarm.

Getting prepared for college I checked myself in the mirror. Today I did put an effort. You know there are days when you do like to look a little presentable, well it's that day for me today.

On my way to lift, I saw him again standing in front of the lift.
"Hey, " I called him.
He turned around and I saw his eyes, they weren't blue they were a shade of brown. Wait, that's not Aron but looks quite familiar to him.

"Hey, " said the man standing in front of me.
"Oh, I'm sorry I mistook you for someone else, " I felt embarrassed.
"No problem, by the way, do you live here?" He asked me with curiosity.

"No, I just wander around in places like these and leave when I'm done with my little workout in the morning, " I said rolling my eyes.
"So, you're a sarcastic one, " he said smirking and then laughed.

We talked quite on our way to the bus stand and then I got to know that he's living above my apartment that means he's related to Aron in some ways. No wonder they seem familiar.

We parted ways as we had to wait for someone. "Wait, we talked about everything else and didn't exchange names, " I thought.

On reaching college I checked my schedule and moved towards my class. "Didn't you say you will be coming quite early today, " Sarah asked?
"Well, I met someone in the morning and we talked and I didn't realise that I had a bus to catch, " I told her taking out my books.

"And who is that someone exactly?" She smirked questioning me again.
Our professor came and I actioned her to lower her pitch.
"Tell me already, " she whispered.

"He said he's living in the same apartment as of Aron's and they seem quite familiar, to be honest, " I whispered back trying not to get caught amidst the lecture.

"What is his name?" She asked again
"I don't know, " I said without paying much attention to her.
"You talked to him about everything and didn't even ask his name, " she said the last part quite loud which made everyone in the class look in our directions.
"Sorry, " we mumbled.

Our classes ended and it was time for lunch. All four of us I, Sarah, Jay and Kwan gathered at our usual spot. We saw Aron entering the cafeteria and Jay called him out to us.

I don't know why but every time I see him I feel something mysterious as if there's much more about him than his amazing personality with blue eyes or his introverted yet sassy behaviour.

We were amidst our conversation and Aron seemed to enjoy most of it.
"Hey, it's you again, " that person from the morning called me out which made everyone on the table turn towards the source of that cheerful voice.

"You know her?" Aron asked him.
"Oh hello Aron, you are here too, " he said smiling to Aron.
"Do you know him?" I asked Aron.

Before he could answer, that over-enthusiastic person said, "I am Aiden, his little brother."
"Brother, " the rest of us said in unison. "Yes, " Aron said looking at me.

"Is she your girlfriend, because she's the best out of everyone you ever dated. I approve of her", Aiden said excitedly to Aron pointing at me.
"What, no, " I said it out loud.
"Don't you have anything else to do, it's your first day", Aron inquired wanting him to leave.

"Oh, right but before I go would you please tell me your name? I forgot to ask in the morning", he said.
"Aera it is."

"Hey, if you're free we can hang out sometime because you're cool, " Aiden asked me excitingly.
"Sure, because you're the cuter one too, " I replied looking at Aron. I could feel his sharp gaze when I said that last line.
"You never tell your name the first encounter, do you?" He asked.
"Maybe, maybe not, maybe Woods are a special case, you'll never know?" I replied sarcastically.

Meanwhile, while we were settling down we saw everyone leaving the cafeteria in a hurry as if some sort of emergency occurred.
"I'll go out and see what's happening, " Jay said.

Few minutes passed and he came back running trying to say something which was not making sense as he was quite fast.
"What happened?" Sarah asked him.

"There's a guy, a smart guy in a black Porsche asking for you with a huge bouquet of roses as if he bought the whole shop, " Jay said catching his breath.

"Explain his look?" Sarah questioned him.
"The style was latest with a shiny bright finish and that look was to die for. The seats also seemed super expensive, " Jay said happily.
"Are you sure you're describing a human here?" We asked him.
"No, I'm telling you about his car. It's the latest model, " he said again.
"Wow, " said Aron sarcastically shaking his head.

"Aera is that your new boyfriend perhaps who we haven't heard of?" Kwan teased me.
"Of course not, " Sarah said.
"Well, who's he then?"