Chapter 14: Every brother's nightmare

"Well, here's a thing. I never completed the book. So the last thing I ever wrote was I changing my look," I said smiling awkwardly.

"So, you're saying you got no idea what will be happening next? And wait, this all doesn't even make sense," Aron said furrowing his eyebrows.

"I know, right," I said again smiling widely.
I don't know why everything kind of seemed funny to me. It was like I gave up expecting anything good. I felt carefree.

"Aera you're scaring me," Aron said looking over at me with concern while I grabbed the food from the fridge.

"So you don't know what happens next," he asked.
I nodded
"Well I do," he said shocking me.

"What do you mean you know what happens next?" I asked.

"Well, I and your father thought of something. If this is according to your book you must know it," he said.

After an hour or so, Aron got a call from my dad. "Hello, Mr Sehun," he greeted him.

"I hope you too are safe and sound. I am trying my best to cope up with the situation here. And yes Aron, I talked to your father and he assured that if this all began from London he will end all that there itself," my dad said.

"Thank you, sir!" Said, Aron passing the phone over to me.

"Hey, dad can you please do one thing for me? And how's Ryung? I am worried. " I hurriedly asked him as I got hit with an idea probably.

"Aera you greet first and then ask for a favour, and your brother is fine now. He's in stable condition." my dad corrected me.

"Oh, okay. Hello, dad, I hope you're doing fine. And it's a relief that Ryung is fine too. Now I hope you can help me by sending me something here confidentially," I said moving around.

"You young lady, need to be patient. And what do you want me to send to you?"

"Remember I used to write books, I mean I still do. But there was one specific one. The one grandmother inspired me to complete but I never did anyway after her death. It's kept somewhere in Grandma's bookshelf. It looks like the manuscript and its name is written inside. You need to find it and send it here," I said.

"And how am I supposed to recognise that book of yours? Does it has a name?" Asked dad.

"Oh, sure it does. 'Who is She?' That's the name," I nodded.

"Also, I arranged you two a place to live. It's safe as it's mine and nobody knows about it. I'll arrange a driver who will get you both there safe. Now hand over the phone to Aron," dad requested.

"Yes, sir. It's Aron," Aron said as I handed him the phone.

"Aron, I don't know who these people exactly are but they're dangerous for sure. They dared to attack my son in front of hundreds of people and security and even kidnapped my daughter. I and your father are trying every possible thing. Meanwhile, you two be safe. And also hands off my daughter ."

"Don't worry sir, I'll make sure she's safe here. See you soon." And with that their conversation ended.

"What did he say?" I asked Aron getting on the couch.

"Nothing," Aron said with a smile.

After a few minutes of irritating Aron to his core, we got a call that our car's here and we need to move.

After an hour of the ride, we reached a tall building. "Is this the place dad talked about?" I asked the driver.

"Yes this is the penthouse," he said opening our doors.

I had my mask on when we entered the building. It turns out my dad and Aron can be good at making stories as I do. Well, for now, my new identity that I'm a freelancer, you know just in case. And I am living with my boyfriend who is Aron.

Though it is a cliche, I have to applaud dad and Aron for making up this in a matter of hours. And I have to give more credit to my dad because Ryung would have never approved of it.

"Wow, this place is huge," I said admiring the building in front of me.

"What if I told you your dad owns this whole building?" Aron said taking me off guard.

"It's a shame then that I never got to know about this place," I told Aron still eyeing the place.

After settling down I thought of having "the talk" with Aron.

"Hey, Aron, would you mind if I ask you something?"

"No, why?" He replied.

"How did you get involved in all that? Not like I don't know about it but maybe because I want to know it from you, " I looked at him with concern.

"It's quite hard to tell you everything but I'll try. I was not always this composed. I have made mistakes, trusted wrong people, crossed lines which I should never have, have been carefree and selfish," Aron said sitting down.

I gave him a proud smile for opening up and gave him time to settle down.

"It all started when I was 16, in high school. Normally you do all the crazy stuff at that age but what I did haunts me even now," Aron said.

"Hey, it's fine. I know the rest. Let's not talk about it anymore. Wanna make pillow forts? " I asked him changing the subject.

Few days passed. As suspected I am not allowed to leave the penthouse. Aron is fun to be around. He may look tough and intimidating but he's a squishy gummy bear on the inside.

The building we were staying in was like any other office but instead of employees there were trained guards and a few other people who managed everything well.

Meanwhile, dad is keeping an eye on Sarah, Jay and Kwan so that they can be safe.

As for us, my friends and university are told that I am with my brother and Aron is back in England for some work.

It was afternoon and I and Aron were done building our little fort. The doorbell rang getting our attention.

"Let me see who is it," I said getting up.

"Let me see," Aron said stopping me midway.

"Is Mr Woods here?" Said the man standing with a package.

"Yes, and you are?" Asked Aron.

"Mr An sent this package for you. If you need anything else, I'll be down. Thank you," said the man.

"I will. Thank you for the package by the way," Aron said moving inside closing the door.

"Maybe it's the book," I said looking at the box.

"Let's check," Aron said keeping it on the carpet and then we both sat around it as if it were some sort of ritual.

"It's the book," we both said in unison after opening the box.