Chapter One

"THEA!!" I hear Bryce shouting. "If your ass is not down here in five minutes I'm leaving without you.

I roll my eyes at Bryce shouting up at me. "Okay! I'm on my way." I stand back taking in my appearance. I'm wearing a white strapless crop top and tight black high waist shorts with clear strap heels. My hair down in a natural wave and I lean in to my mirror and apply some gloss to compliment my nude lipstick. I grab my phone and place it in my black handbag and place it on my shoulder. I switch off my light and make my way downstairs.

Bryce is leaning against one of the couches and looks up once he hears me coming down the stairs.

"You literally had ten seconds and I was out the door."

"Well looks like I'm waiting on you doesn't it." I smirk standing at the door.

"Smart ass. Let's go. I want to be there before Tayler gets there. I don't want to be arriving late at his own birthday.

Bryce is my older brother and as much as I love him and how close we are he can really annoy me at times. Siblings huh!
We make our way to the car and put on our belts. Bryce plays some music and we exit the drive.

"Will I put it in self - drive mode?" Bryce asks

"Not a chance Bryce! I don't trust that self - drive shit at all! If you do, you can pull over and I'll get an Uber to BOA instead!"

"Calm down!" He laughs looking over at me. "I'm only playing. I know you hate it!"

I roll my eyes and after ten minutes we then arrive at BOA. We exit the car and Bryce hands the keys to a member of the valet staff. We notice Hollywood Fix and quicken our pace and manage to dodge him.

Paparazzi all over Bryce at the moment due to parties he threw for his 21st and how "problematic" he is. It really annoys me seeing all the hate he gets when he's actually so loveable and caring.

We get inside and I immediately see Dixie and make my way over embracing her into a hug. Dixie and I are extremely close. I've been in LA a year now and we just clicked straight away and she's more like a sister then a friend

"Thea! You look stunning!" She exclaims.

"As do you!" I smile back and greet Noah as he comes over with Bryce and drinks in their hands. "Vodka and Redbull." Bryce states handing me the drink and I smile thanking him.

We then hear cheers and we all turn to see Tayler walking in. Suddenly the slight dark party area suddenly lights up with flashes of phones and cameras.

Everyone is shouting and singing Happy Birthday to Tayler as he makes his way around to his friends.

"Happy Birthday Big bro!" Bryce shouts as the two friends embrace. Tayler and Bryce are literally the best of friends. Tayler is very protective of Bryce and always has been. They've been friends for years and have been there for each through the best of times and unfortunately troubling ones.

"Thea!" Tayler smiles placing a kiss on my cheek and bringing me in for a hug. I've known Tayler since he's known Bryce. He's been to our house in Maryland and us to his in Texas. All like one happy family.

"Happy Birthday Holder!" I hug back.

"Abel here?" He asks referring to my boyfriend.

"Eh no. He had other things on tonight." I shrug.

"Ah okay cool. Well are we all ready to take our seats?" He asks everyone.

Everyone nods and they start making their way to tables with their names on them.

Our table consists of Tayler, Bryce, Addison, Kellianne, her boyfriend Chase, Nate, Taylor's mom Wendy, his friend Cody and videographer Sean.

I'm sitting across from Tayler and we exchange small talk every now and then. Our main course arrives and I ordered the chicken ranch salad that looks so good. As my food is placed in front of me, I realise my phone is ringing.

Abel

"Excuse me a moment. I just need to take this." I smile at the table.

I walk in to a small quiet area away from the courtyard. I look down at my phone that continues to ring.

"Where the fuck are you?" Is what I hear before I even get a chance to say hello.

"What do you mean? I'm at BOA. I told you this yesterd-"

"I don't give a fuck. Get over here now." He says cutting me off.

"What - no. I'm here with my friends and family celebrating Tayler's Birthday. You know that." I snap back.

"Thea. Don't take that tone with me." He shouts. "Stay there then. I'll see you tomorrow." He calmly changes his tone which uneases me and then hangs up.

I sigh looking down at the blank screen. Fighting back tears.

"Thea?" I turn to see Tayler standing behind me. "You good?" He asks looking concerned.

"Hey! Yeah. Boyfriend troubles." I playfully eye roll. "Now let's get going and get this party started!" I smile linking his arm. We get back to our table and I knock back the jagerbombs Bryce had ordered to the table.

Anything to help take my mind off seeing Abel tomorrow.