11: Sectionals

Dylan's Outfit

"You okay to go back to school, Princess?" LeRoy asked putting a plate in front of both her and Rachel

"You okay to go back to school, Princess?" LeRoy asked putting a plate in front of both her and Rachel. Today Dylan would be going back to school after getting suspended two weeks before for getting into a fight with one of the school bigots. It would be an understatement to say she was looking forward to going back but st least she had people on her side. It's unfortunate that she probably wouldn't be able to perform at sectionals with them, but it wasn't like they needed her anyway. They had enough members to compete so honestly she wasn't all that bothered.

"Yes sir." she said before digging into her food.

"Just make sure not to get into anymore fights young lady." Hiram said pouring himself a mug of coffee. Dylan rolled her eyes putting her fork down.

"Yeah, yeah," she muttered getting up from the table. "You want me to drive you Rae?"

"Please?"

"Alright. Imma wait for you in the car." She grabs her backpack kissing her dad's cheek. Once she left the house, Rachel glared at her dad.

"Why do you have to be so cruel to her?!"

"What did I do? All I told her was to make sure to not get into anymore fights!" Hiram exclaimed.

"Ugh! It's the way you freaking said it! In fact, it's the way you talk to her, the way you treat her like a-a stranger in her own home! What on God's earth do you have against her? She has done nothing but try and all you do is glare at her and ignore her and criticise her! Do you not know what that can do to a kid?!" She shouts slamming her hand on the table. Her father's look at her in shock as she slowly calms herself down. "Look dad, you have tried your hardest to help me achieve all my dreams from the moment I understood what my dream was. And Dylan's is pretty much the same only she's already on her way there because of the amount of amazing music she, Star and Liyah make and release but you don't say one kind thing about anything you hear coming out her room. instead you tell her to keep it down or to close the door or to stop all together and get school work done. Did you know that she's ahead of everyone? She's done enough school work that she could graduate right now but instead she stays in school. But you don't care about that all you do is see her as some enemy but she's not dad. She's not your enemy she's a seventeen year old child," she says more calmly. "Anyway I'm sorry I shouted and cursed at you, but you need to do better my sister it hurting. She lost the one person who has always stayed in her corner and is only trying to adjust. No matter how it may seem, Dylan isn't always so happy go lucky." And with that Rachel picks up her and her sister's plates putting them into the sink before kissing both her father's cheeks before making her way out the house.

.-.-.

The car ride to school was awkwardly quiet. Sonething that wasn't a normal occurance between the two Berry sisters. Dylan would goance at Rachel every now and then wondering if she should say something before deciding it wasn't really a good idea.