Years.

***Present time***

100 years have passed not only in the past, but in the present as well. The world is not the same as it was before Link and Zelda's "disappearance".

"Time for the daily report, Ghiriham." Ganondorf, ruler of all worlds, told his servant.

"We successfully put a stop to the riots, and discarded of the ancient books the people were studying." Ghiriham told him.

"Excellent. We can't have anyone finding about the Goddess Hylia." Ganondorf said, looking out his castle to the bustling city of Rulhye. Cars honked, others honked back. The tallest buildings stuck out, catching anyone's eye.

When Ganondorf destroyed all of Hyrule, he formed a new kingdom. The kingdom of Rulhye. He banished all traces of Goddess Hylia, so future generations would have no idea she existed. He told them he himself was a God, so they worshipped him.

The penalty for worshipping anyone but him was death. Every now and then, someone would find a secret book of Hylia, and they'd pay the price.

As Ganondorf looked at the streets, he saw people begging for food, money, or just help in general.

He sighed.

"This was all too easy. I wonder how many more years it'll be until those two brats show up.." He questioned, but shook his head.

"Your Majesty! The Bokoblin fleet has gone mad again!" One of the guards ran into the room and informed him.

He was a burly, tall man. All the guards were. Ganondorf, being a large man, was unsatisfied with small Hylians. He helped pave the way for a new type of people, a mix of Gerudo and Hylians. They were called Rulians, the citizens of Rulhye.

"Take away their food supply. They'll obey." He waved his hand dismissively, and the guard nodded.

Ganondorf stopped, looking back at the city he had built.

"Perhaps this isn't what I had in mind.." He mumbled.

-

Link POV

"The history of the royal family of Hyrule is also the history of Calamity Ganon." Impa told me.

She questioned if I knew her, but her face was as unfamiliar as all else in this land. Her granddaughter was one of the things I didn't faintly recognize. It was a change of pace for once.

It was frustrating, I'll tell you. Looking into someone's face and knowing that you've met them, but not knowing who they are. Paya, Impa's granddaughter, wasn't like that. I knew I had never met her.

It made me faintly smile, the way the blushed from me merely looking at her. She became one of my only friends in a strange world.

I walked upstairs, into her room, and saw her at her desk. She was writing in her diary.

I snuck over, looming over her shoulder quietly.

"His electric, blue eyes..." I read.

I tapped her shoulder.

She screamed, and I jumped back.

"L-L-L-Link! What are you doing up here!?" She exclaimed.

I laughed.

"I was just checking on you, Paya." I answered, and she blushed harder. I sat next to her, and she cooled her face down.

Paya leaned her head on my shoulder, and I put my arm around her.

"Link..you should get going, you have things to do." She whispered.

"Can't I take a break after freeing Vah Ruta and Vah Rudania?" I questioned, closing my eyes.

She sighed, I had obviously won her over.

I fell asleep, and I assume she did the same.

-

I popped my knuckles, staring into the cold eyes of Thunderblight Ganon. I clutched the Master Sword's handle, presuming my fighting stance. The Blight took a swing, and I narrowly dodged.

"Watch out. That thing's fast!" Urbosa, the late champion, informed me.

I nodded, picking up the pace. My sword hit its shield, causing it to break. While it was stunned, I swung the Master sword wildly, inflicting damage on my foe.

I did this a few more times, and with a horrid shriek, Thunderblight Ganon bursted in a mix of malice and evil. I stood still, able to see my own reflection in the Master Sword's sacred gleam.

Urbosa's spirit walked down the stairs, and I marveled at her beauty. I admired her, for I had heard she was a skilled fighter.

She granted me the power of Urbosa's fury, and I could feel the lightning surging inside of me, along with the other champion's powers.

When I arrived back in Gerudo Town, Chief Riju congratulated me. I took notice she was strikingly similar to her ancestor, from the color of her eyes to the demeanor of her voice.

Anyways, I knew it was time to head to Hyrule Castle. But first, for the event that I died within that castle, I made my way to Kakariko Village.

I went straight to Paya's room, where she was practicing her speech in the Sheikah language.

I grabbed her arm, and pulled her close to me.

She blushed, eyes widened.

"I'm about to head to the castle," I explained,"and I need to know how you feel about me. I don't know if I will live to see you again, so I am telling you this now. I'm in love with you, and if I live, we will live together forever."

She smiled softly.

"Link..I feel the same way.." She replied, and I kissed her slowly.

"I must go now." I said, breaking away from her. My expression faltered, and I plastered on a stone cold face.

I used the Sheikah slate to teleport myself into a shrine beneath the castle, then made my way up. I found my way into the sanctum, where the large hole from 100 years ago remained.

Link...

I looked around.

Link..

Nobody was in the room with me.

Link. I'm sorry, but my power isn't strong enough. I can't hold him..

With that, the hole in the ground rematerialized into a black, solid floor.

Ganondorf appeared on it, a white sword in his hand.

"It has been quite a long time, Link." He said.

I glared into his eyes, and the scars on my body ached.

I put my sword to the sky, and it's sacred glow returned.

"Divine beasts! Send me your power!" I shouted, and all across the land, a rumbling could be felt.

Ganondorf looked around, and the area around us slowly started turning blue. In the next moment, a torrential downpour of the divine beasts' ancient power bursted into the room.

It rained down upon him, and he fell to his knees.

I knew the battle wasn't over, so I clutched my sword, ready to finish a battle 100 years in the making.