Chapter 4: Hear Me Roar!

Date: 298 AC, 20th day of the 1st month

Location: The Westerlands, Regional Capital: Casterly Rock, at the residence of the Lannister family.

Tywin was on the balcony facing the courtyard of the castle, Casterly Rock; sitting down on the chair, he savoured the peaceful times that they are enjoying at the moment. Being content with the situation of the state affairs is quite unusual for him because there is always something happening but times like these are most satisfactory. Opening his eyes he peers around the courtyard he sees his second son, Tyrion wandering about in the garden. This brought about painful memories about the past when his wife, Joanna passed away shortly after giving birth to Tyrion for which Tywin was deeply grieving for and why, he received intense hate from his older sister, Cersei from killing their mother, which affected his young mentality. Even though he is his father, a part of Tywin could not help but develop a little hate for what had occurred.

Next, Tywin shifted his gaze towards the next person on the far side of the courtyard was his brother, Kevan. He always has been a dependable one, they are not exactly close but have a cordial relationship even though they are siblings. His mood shifted to a more positive one because of all happy memories during his youth flooded into his mind. As he reminisced he did not notice a smile appearing on his face for the first time in a long while. 

He quickly wiped away his tears before anyone saw and scanned the area and saw his nephews, Martin and Willem; though his interaction with them was minimal he could tell they were shaping up to be fine young men in the future, as they already served in the Lannister Army. 

It's a shame that the same could not be said for his children although his daughter, Cersei is the queen consort to King Robert I Baratheon it was a strategically arranged marriage to solidify the family's influence in the national affairs. His first son and desired heir is the most famous knight in Westeros is the only achievement Tywin recognises while being appointed as Lord Commander of the Kingsguard is another strategic move to secure another important position in the King's security force. While Tyrion has done nothing but messes about in brothels since he has reached the age of maturity. 

Tywin rubbed his temples as he has to not only deal with state affairs in the Westerlands while simultaneously worry about whether his children are being dutiful in King's Landing. He got up and exited the balcony into the sacred hall of Casterly Rock. Admiring the picturesque architecture of the hall which also elegantly describes important events since the founding of House Lannister. He moved onto the fabled throne of the Kings of the Rock which was placed against the detailed-magnificent landscape which complements the spacious and intricately designed throne. Although it does not symbolise the central power of the region it still is radiant and represents the power of the Lannister family. 

It was periodically maintained although Tywin rarely sat on it because as his father explained to him during his childhood that the time of Lannister Kings had to come to an end when King Loreon I Lannister surrendered to Aegon the Conqueror to ensure the survival of the family, though it may seem like cowardice but living another day was better than foolishly dying. From that point onwards they became Lords of Casterly Rock and Wardens of the West owing fealty to the Iron Throne. Although, it is not prohibited for the Lord of Casterly Rock to sit on the throne but it was used more ceremonially as state affairs were handled in the Main Hall. Tywin chuckled a little before exiting the sacred hall as the doors closed with a firm thud, he walked away further into the castle until the sounds of his footsteps became muffled.

Later on, Tywin enters the Main Hall to find his brother, Ser Kevan Lannister staring out the balcony unaware of his presence. He heard his brother reciting poetry about the beautiful orange-yellow fields of the Westerlands and the loaded yearly crop harvests with the breath-taking blue sky and shimmering water for sometime. Afterwards, Tywin spoke,