Mahatma Gandhi Quotes

What's your favourite quote?

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

"In a gentle way, you can shake the world."

"Happiness is what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

"Strength does not come from winning, your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to suffer. That is strength."

"It's always been a mystery to me how people can respect themselves when they humiliate other humans."

"Be the change that you want to see in the world."

"Without action, your not going anywhere."

"If we want to reach real peace in this world, we should start educating children."

"There are many causes I would die for. There is not a single cause I would kill for."

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission."

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

"Truth never damages a cause that is just."

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching."

"Anger is the enemy of non-violence and pride is a monster that swallows it up."

"As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."

"It's easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone."

"The best way to find yourself it to lose yourself in the service of others."

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems."

"A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes."

"In prayer it's better to have a heart without words, than words without heart."