Chapter 2: The decenary

Alya was just about to fall into a deep sleep when her pager started to go off. She woke up to a continuous sound of shrill beeps. She lazily pulled out her pager but immediately dashed out of the call room when she saw it was a priority one case.

As she ran to meet the other members of her team, she caught up with Dr. Kim Dongwoo who was running towards the O.R.

"Chief has called the two of us for surgery. Prep up," said a breathless Kim Dongwoo, as he saw Dr. Kim Haneul beside him.

Dr. Kim Dongwoo opened the doors to the O.R and Alya followed him.

Asahi was in a deep slumber when he heard the lights being turned on and titled his head slightly to see that his roommate, Lee Kwangmin was also stirring in his sleep.

It was their leader Choi Sungho at their door. Asahi looked at the bedside clock and it read 7 O'clock.

"Wake up. We have to go to practice," said a groggy Choi Sungho and left to wake the other members.

A few minutes later, all of them were in the practice room of their company, practicing their singing and dancing vigorously for their show tomorrow.

Their choreographer added in some new moves since the stage tomorrow was going to be bigger. And they had to make use of the whole stage.

It didn't matter whether they won tomorrow or not. Their leader Choi Sungho was always adamant on giving the best performance for their fans.

Asahi knew their fans would be cheering for them at the show tomorrow.

After practice, the boys were resting when Asahi got a message. Normally Asahi wouldn't have checked the message but he immediately got a call after the message. It was his father calling.

He picked up the phone and was asked by his father whether he could make it home tonight.

"We're holding a dinner party just like old times. The Kim family are going to come over. It's been a long time since you haven't met them. And Mr. Kim was saying he will make an important announcement today at dinner."

Asahi looked at the time. It was almost 4pm. He had no other schedules after dance practice so he told his father he would be there by 6.

Alya had just come out of surgery when she saw her mother waiting in one of the corners of the hospital.

She made her way towards her mother who smiled as she saw Alya.

"How was your day today Alya?" asked her mother.

"It went fine. Just got out of surgery. Thankfully, the surgery was successful."

"What brings you here?" asked a curious Alya.

"Are you free tonight?" asked Mrs. Kim.

"Yeah," replied Alya.

"The Chief said that I could go home after surgery. But I'm on call for friday and sunday."

"That's good then," said Mrs. Kim, clapping her hands.

"Let's go. Your Dad is waiting in the car."

During the car ride, Mrs. Kim asked Alya, "Do you have any dresses for a casual dinner party?"

Alya who was at the backseat almost drifting off into sleep, woke up startled and replied, "Why do you ask?"

Her gut feeling was telling her that she was well aware of why her mother had asked her if she had a dress. But she wanted to be proven wrong.