Confessions

Chapter 7

Nisha's POV:

Sitting in this room listening to Mel for almost another hour going on about her feelings for Rae I decided to go ahead and take charge. I covered Mel's mouth and advised her to shut up and listen. I cooked up a plan and I was dying to solve their little problem.

Nisha: OK Mel look, you guys obviously need personal time with one another.

MEL: Is it obvious? Because it's so hard to read Rae sometimes! I mean how are you sure if she even does, she only dates studs. I'm not even her type. I'm just being ridiculous. Just forget i even told you this....

Nisha: Are you done being stupid now? Because if you're ready to listen I can give you some great advice.

MEL: GO ON...

Nisha: Aight so Rae came to the track today to vent you know the usual. She has a lot on her mind right now and she's having a hard time expressing her emotions. I really advise you to talk to her if you really want to be with her. I told her we could all go to dinner tomorrow night at the Steakhouse and to dress nice it's on me. I just want everyone to enjoy theirselves and we'll see where the night takes us. We all need to clear our heads and just get some laughs and quality time out. And who knows, maybe this could be your chance.

I climbed in bed after Nisha left to get a little sleep. As soon as I started dozing off my phone rang, it was Paris. My mind told me to decline and relax but I didn't listen I answered anyway. Paris answered in a very distraught tone something was wrong. We had been texting since the day we met and all of a sudden today around mid-evening she stopped. The next thing she said on the phone was 'do you have time to talk right now, I really need you' she was crying and it made me kind of sad. I told her she could come by considering she didn't live far.
When Paris arrived her eyes were puffy wet and red. She'd found out her girlfriend had been planning to move for a year. When she confronted her she also found out her decision was based on a girl she had been talking to for a while not a job relocation. Her girlfriend was 24, much older than Paris was. Paris stated after the conversation Tia (her now ex-girlfriend) changed her number. She was heart broken all I could do was hold her. I sat up with Paris almost half of the night until she finally dozed off in my arms. I took her shoes off, positioned her comfortably and laid down myself. Lost in my thoughts I drifted into a deep sleep.