𝓣𝓗𝓔 𝓕𝓔𝓐𝓢𝓣

Regulus Black was sitting at the middle of the Slytherin table, his eyes still glued to the book that once belonged to his brother. The book was so unique, nothing like the wizard ones he used to read, the way it was written made his mind wanting to know more, even if the plot wasn't that interesting at that moment.

"Could you stop reading for a second?" the cold and insufferable voice of Avery broke his concentration. "I asked you something"

Regulus wanted to answer the boy with a snarky remark like 'So what?'or 'I couldn't care less' but the fifteen years of manners that his mother had force into him told him not to do that, and also the fact that he was certain that Avery would be his acquaintance all his life, so he better not have problems with him.

"What is that that you ask?" 

"If you could pass the mashed potatoes? They are at your left " Regulus lowered his book but not before rolling his eyes with annoyance. His eyes adapted to the light that his book was covering from his eyes. 

The great hall was filled with the chatter of students and the sound of forks and knifes hitting the silver platter. The colour of the houses illuminated every corner in the room. But Regulus couldn't care less, because even if Hogwarts was a breath of fresh air from his parents antics, most of the students in Slytherin thought like them. He could only tolerare Evan Rosier, and still, he couldn't be completely himself.

Regulus extended his hand to grab the mashed potatoes that Avery had previously asked for, and the his eyes cought sight of her. In the next table there she was sitting, dressed in her blue and black robes. Her left hand was in her cheek, supporting the weight of her head, and her right hand was the one using her fork. Her face was filled with an unimpressed look, but still her eyes travelled through every possible direction, as if trying to find something worth of her interest.

"Mate, just pass them already" Avery voice broke him out of his trance. Regulus still had the plate full of mashed potatoes in his hands, right infront of him. He had been frozen in place while staring at her.

"Yeah, sorry" He passed them finally to the boy "Do you know her?" The interest in Regulus eyes made Avery looked away from his plate.

"Who"

"Her, in the Ravenclaw table" with his fork, the youngest Black pointed to the girl

"She probably is the Lugo girl, her grandparents said that she would come to Hogwarts" Pandora Parkinson said with an uninterested tone in her voice. Her hand was grabbing a pocket mirror and she was  checking if there were any traces of imperfections in her porcelain face. "Nasty backstory she has, it really is a miracle that she isn't rotten like her brother. Oh well, at least that's what Mr. Lugo said"

"Thanks Pandora" even though Regulus hated the noisy girl, she was helpful when he needed to know something about anyone.

" You are welcome Reggie"

After internally cringing at the pet name the girl used on him, the night went smoothly, the 'Lugo girl' didn't move once her eyes catched the enchanted ceiling in the great hall, which Regulus was thankful for because she then never catched the looks he was giving her from time to time.

If she was a Lugo --a descendant from one of the Sacred Twenty Eight-- then that 'nasty backstory' probably was related with blood prejudice. And finally, their encounter at the Lugo second hand bookstore made more sense to him. How he couldn't connect the dots back then was a mystery or more likely he was distracted by those eyes and that angelic smirk of hers, but he would never admit the latter.