🌼4🌼

Dad has taken over running the counter while Mom and I talk to Hyojin

     Dad has taken over running the counter while Mom and I talk to Hyojin. She’s stopped crying, but she is still quite emotional.

     “Do you have any… tips..? To this whole thing? I really don’t want him to think badly of me…” She says to my mother.

     “Deep down, it’s impossible to think badly of your soulmate. You’re meant for each other. In every way. I’m sure he’ll be fine.”

     I nod even though I don’t really know what she’s talking about. I’m only 17. I don’t expect to find my soulmate any time soon.

     Something catches my eyes. Great Auntie Hyojin’s mark is turning pink. It turns into a marvelous shade of bright pink. I look up to the door and see two people enter.

     I gulp. “Tall. Very tall. So very tall.” One of them is probably a foot taller than me. The other has a pink mark on their wrist. “You must be her soulmate?”

     Hyojin’s head whips around and a smile forms on her face at the sight of them. Ye-na looks around too and I notice her mouth a ‘Thank you’ to the taller one who nods. That must be her brother.

     I stand up and join my father at the counter. We watch as the shorter one bows to Mom and the taller one nods. He says something to the shorter and walks this way.

     “Hey can I get a lemonade?” He asks me somewhat awkwardly.

     It takes me a moment to process this. “Oh! Yes. Name?”

     “Seok-woo.”

     I nod and grab a cup to write his name on it. “That would be $2.45.” I manage to squeak out.

     After he pays I turn to my father who is watching me amused. “What? He’s really tall! And attractive…” I say that last part quietly to make sure that Seok-woo doesn’t hear it.

     Dad shrugs and goes into the back of the cafe. I quickly turn around and make the lemonade. I have to take a deep breath before calling his name. “Seok-woo?”

     He turns this way from talking with Ye-na and approaches me. I hand him his lemonade and his fingers brush mine. He thanks me and turns back to his sister.

     I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. What is wrong with me? My heart race is going insane. Wait, something seems off.

     I look down at my wrist and almost fall to the ground. What..? I quickly look back to Seok-woo who hasn’t seemed to notice. What do I do? I’m only 17! I absolutely can not let Mom or Great Aunt Hyojin know.