𝟬𝟬𝟵. 𝗮 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗱𝘆

◣ 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞

◣ 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞... ◥

❝ 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗱𝗮𝘆. ❞

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

- [✩] ; MAYBE IT WAS A DUMB IDEA to be facetiming Louis, but Cora did it anyway. And there she was, sitting on her bed with a Looney Tunes sweatshirt with a pair Nike shorts and her hair was in a topknot so it was away from her face. So when his face popped up on her phone screen, Cora instantly smiled and waved. He was growing on her, and the teenage girl would like to blame his stupid smile and his fluffy hair and stupid jawline for that, though, she would never admit it.

"Howdy, piano boy." she tilted her nonexistent cowboy hat at him.

"Good evening to you too, Cora." Louis chuckled as he waved his hand a little too enthusiastically. "What are you up to? Still watching Harry Potter?"

She shook her head as she rested her phone between her knees. "No, not anymore. I playing some songs on my guitar, Queenie. How 'bout yourself, Lou?"

He grinned for some reason. Cora had to restrain from slapping that grin off of his face. "Just mindlessly scrolling through Instagram. And you named your guitar?"

"If you're judging me, I won't hesitate to knock your kneecaps off with Queenie-" Cora held up her precious YAMAHA guitar to the screen with a small scowl on her lips.

"-I'm not! It's just... very you, Cora." Louis put one hand up in self-defense, his grin turning into a light smile.

Cora pressed her lips into a thin line as her body suddenly started to feel very warm... strange. "Anyways, how did you come to learn the piano? Did you have a teacher or...?"

"I'm self-taught through YouTube videos."

"You're fucking joking, oh my god-"

Louis had the audacity to smirk mischievously."I'm not,"

Cora's jaw which was dropped, closed almost immediately as she stared at him with wide eyes, ignoring how loud her heart thumped against her ribcage. "Care to play me something then, oh great one?"

"Sure, hold on," her vision of Louis was obscured as he held his phone by his side as he stood before holding his phone outstretched in front of him.

The teenager grinned as she fixed her own position on her bed, moving her phone from her knees to her hand as she sat up straighter against the pillows. She watched as this scenery behind him changed, from the brown headboard of his bed to a hallway lined with pictures. Cora could make out some chatter in the background, Louis' family from what she could assume, were asking him what he was doing as he passed them.

She patiently waited for Louis to set up, plugging in his keyboard and adjusting his phone against the keyboard. Cora grinned to herself as she watched him sit down, probably preparing himself before staring right at her.

"Will you play me something on your Queenie after I go?"

"I suppose that would only be fair."

"I'm buzzing to hear what you have up your sleeve." And without another word, but of course, send a small dashing smile Cora's way, Louis started to play the keys.

Cora listened at the beautiful melody that filled her ears as Louis' fingers danced across the keys. She only knew a few keys on the piano, and maybe an alright version of hot crossed buns and happy birthday, but never something like... this. Plus, Cora's far better at the guitar and uke, or any string instrument really. Her eyes fell on his face and watched the determination on Louis's face, he knew what he was doing that's for sure, but there was also a calmness to him that Cora found soothing.

Not only was the harmony lovely, but it was nice to see the teenage boy before her so at peace with himself. The brunette girl had the same experience when playing Queenie or Kingsley, but to see it on someone else was... nice. 

After Louis was finished playing, a sheepish smile fell on his lips as he looked at his phone to stare at Cora. "How was that? Exquisite?"

"Satisfactory, Louis, don't fish for compliments. It's unbecoming of you." Cora deadpanned, trying to fight a smile that dared to shine through. 

Louis playfully rolled his eyes as he shook his head before grinning to himself. "It's your turn now, Cora."

"Alright, okay, Louis, I'll sing you a tune and strum a few chords, keep it together." Cora grinned as she leaned over the edge of her bed to grab Queenie, who was leaning on her stand. Once Cora got Queenie onto her bed and onto her lap, she adjusted herself on her bed with one hand on the neck. "Any requests, Lou?" she asked as she looked at her phone, seeing that he was staring at her with a sparkle in his eyes. 

"No, go play whatever your heart desires."

"Okay, but be warned, I haven't gone through a proper warm-up so I might sound... scratchy." Then she strummed a few strings and then began to sing and play Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles, all while Louis stared in awe even before she started.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

author's note.

sorry this chapter really sucked didn't it lol

also, just two pals playing their favorite instruments to one another