~ Chapter Two ~

Classic stirred from his slumber as voices echoed from the hall. Carefully, he slipped from Killer's embrace before quietly opening the bedroom door. The house rested without a single light, leaving Classic to trail the halls with a hand pressed to the cold walls. Most rooms were sealed for the evening, yet the whispers were slowly growing. It wasn't the first time he had heard voices, but the words had never remained as clear as they were. He rounded the corner before entering the kitchen and flicking the switch. Light washed over the room as he forced his eyes shut to avoid the unnecessary pain.

As he opened them, he found nothing out of the ordinary. The voices had stopped entirely, leaving Classic dazed. He had heard something, yet there was no trace of it. Sighing, he took a seat at the island before laying his head on it. The cold surface soothed the burning feeling spreading through him. 

"Classic? What has caused you to wake this early?" Error's voice reached Classic's mind as he focused on the skeleton. There was a long silence before Error noticed the tired sockets and pained expression. He moved quickly, his hand pressing lightly to Classic's head. "You're burning up! Why didn't you tell us you felt ill?"

"I felt fine earlier... I heard something and when I came into the kitchen I had a wave of sickness hit me..." Error sighed lightly before stepping toward the fridge. He pulled an icepack before wrapping it in a towel. Laying it on the table, he watched as Classic pressed his skull against it.

"You need to be careful Classic. Your health can not sustain illness, you know that! I'm going to retrieve medicine, so stay here." There was no response as Error turned to leave. Classic glanced around before he released a shaky breath.

By the time Error had returned, he felt his heart drop. Classic was missing from the island. Panic hit him as he frantically searched, his loud footsteps stirring the entire house. Nightmare was the first to leave his room. He followed the sound before stumbling upon Error. 

"Could you be any louder?" Nightmare's tone was rough, threatening. Error ignored it before his worried expression caught Nightmare's attention.

"Classic was right at the counter and now he's gone!" There was a long pause as Nightmare scowled.

"Have you checked the bathroom or the living room? He likes the couch, so he may be in there. Panicking won't help the situation Error, you know that!"

"I know... I was just terrified something happened... He's sick, so he must be in a ton of pain!" Killer and the other's had entered the room by then, most shocked by the news. Horror gave a deep frown before racing past them. The rest followed after as they made their way into the living room. Classic was sitting on the couch, his gaze shifting. Error inhaled a sharp breath as relief pressed to them all. The sight drew a confused look from Classic. "I told you to remain at the counter Classic... You scared me!"

"I'm sorry. I was feeling tired, so I wanted to lay down." Nightmare rubbed his skull before noticing the medicine in Error's hands.

"We'll forgive you, but come here and take the medication. You're to sleep the entire day until you're better, understood?" Classic chuckled before nodding. Rising from the couch, he stumbled toward them. He was merely a foot away when the voices came back into hearing, Nightmare and the others noticing as well. Fear hit Classic as the floor beneath him seemed to vanish. His gaze dropped as a pit rested below, his body being pulled by gravity. The once bright room was engulfed in darkness. He could hear Nightmare's voice, but the words were muffled. A blue string wrapped gently around him, giving faint hope. But that hope disappeared when the string snapped. Tears raced to his sockets as he fell further. The space was unbearable. It was suffocating. His body felt warm and pain radiated through him as he felt his consciousness slip from him.

Nightmare peered into the hole before them. Error was cursing as he held the string, his fingers playing at the broken end. No one knew what to say. They had witnessed Classic get pulled into a unknown hole that led to a mystery. He may be the strongest, but everyone knew his health was low compared to most and he was currently sick.

"What do we do? He fell and we can't leave him in there alone! What if he's in danger?" Nightmare sighed before speaking.

"We follow after him. Wherever this may lead, we need to find him and get him back. Ink already must know Classic is missing and personally I don't want to deal with him." Killer frowned as he lingered by the edge. His gaze shifted between everyone.

"If we're going, who's first?" Nightmare grinned before his foot met Killer's back. The realization hit him as he fell, his voice vanishing the farther he fell. Everyone watched in fear as Nightmare made his rounds. Horror was next, followed by Dust. Error sighed before diving in himself, Nightmare leaping in behind him. They all were enveloped in the darkness as they sank lower into it's embrace. It was like sinking in water, except something was dragging you further. It was painful for all of them. They couldn't imagine how Classic felt already hurting. No matter, they had to find him. They would not lose him, no matter the cost.