Ep. 14

Byulyi shuts the door, giving the man access to her flat. He carefully keeps the bouquet on the small round table near the door and spreads his both arms, staring at the woman there, urging her for a hug. Byulyi tilts her head and smiles, stepping forward, she engulfs herself into his arms.

"Happy Birthday my love"

Byulyi giggles as his whisper tickles her earlobe.

"Thanks Chan"

Byulyi rests her head on his chest and shuts her eyes in comfort, it feels so relaxing after such a hectic day. She muffles in his shirt, "Wanna have something sweet?"

"Uhm..", he hums.

"Wait here, let me see in the kitchen"

Byulyi pulls away from the hug and is about to walk towards her kitchen but Chanyeol spins her around pulling her arm. As she falls again into his embrace, he plants a small peck on her lips, cupping her face. Byulyi turns pink, she purses her lips in thin line, to suppress the smile.

"I'll have this instead, sweeter than sugar", Chanyeol licks his lips, turning her pink to crimson. He leans and claims her lips once again, pushing her mouth open. Shoving his tongue inside he devours the sweetness even more. His arms snake around her tiny waist, pulling her closer, leaving no space between them. Byulyi's heart jumps out of her chest, when the man sweeps her feet off the ground and enters into her bedroom, carrying her in his arms. Chanyeol puts his woman on the bed gently and removing his shirt, he crawls on the bed. As Byulyi stares at him with an amused smile, he props his body on his elbows and hovers on Byulyi, staring back at her. The woman chuckles, circling the tip of her around his plump lips.

"Too much sweet is unhealthy, Chan"

He bites her finger gently, "let's spice it up then"

Byulyi gulps; as Chanyeol plants a wet kiss on her neck, she gasps loudly, tugging on the bedsheet. She tilts her neck, giving him some more access and the man decides to go deep down. Finding the knot of her robe easily, he untied it in one twitch. Plunging his hands through the sleeves of her housecoat, he frees her from it, leaving her with the satin, translucent lingerie inside. Byulyi is sweating, even with bare minimum clothing left on her thin frame, she is feeling so hot right now, her breaths are getting erratic in excitement. Chanyeol leans in for another passionate kiss with his hands roaming on her waist, rubbing the thin material over her skin. Soon his hands travel upto her jaws to push her for a more passionate kiss. When he wraps his fingers on the shoulder straps of her dress, she knows that in no time, the last barrier between them is going to crumble down. She is ready for it tonight, she is willing to unite with her love on such a special day of her life. But then a flash, a memory out of nowhere knocks in her head, the pain, the fear take control over her, for a fraction of second she becomes Irene, just when his hands are about to take the dress off, she furiously pushes him down the bed.

"I am sorry, I am sorry", she cries, realizing what she just did.

Chanyeol is speechless, gobsmacked and on floor. Byulyi is nervously looking for any injury on his body, when he asks in ice cold voice,

"Did I force you Byulyi?"

"No Chan, no. I am so sorry", Byulyi literally tears up, she is so embarrassed.

Chanyeol quietly stands up and grabs his shirt. Byulyi keeps apologizing but to him it's beyond insulting, he doesn't want to spend a single moment here.

"Chan...Chan.. listen to me, please", Byulyi runs after him and grabs his wrist.

"WHAT???"

Chanyeol yanks his hand and runs his fingers through his hair. Byulyi is literally scared to see him this angry for the first time, yet she tries to explain herself. She grabs on his hand and stars speaking,

"Listen to me Chan, I honestly was a little disturbed through out the day for many reasons, then.... today's shooting messed up my mind. It was..."

Byulyi inhales in between, "it was a rape scene, I think, I think I was too invested into that, it's not leaving my mind"

Byulyi stares at him with fearful teary eyes but it doesn't melt his heart, with a tightened jaw, Chanyeol sarcastically remarks,
"Moon Byul Yi... you are not the first actress to shoot a rape scene, if you can't stay professional, this field is not for you"

His words have hammered her heart into pieces, the person who she thought would understand her, just has rendered her so bad. She stands there like a mute, eyes full of disbelief as he continues to spit more venom,

"I told you since the beginning Byulyi, that this is not your zone, this role is beyond your capabilities. You can't separate real and reel !! When we leave the set, we leave our character behind, we don't bring it to our life. It's the beginning only, the three fourth of the shoot is remaining, you have to do so many explicit scenes, you may have to stand naked infront of the camera, will you be able to take all these?"

Byulyi desperately looks for answers to give him, his questions are legit and logical, the woman shudders to think herself in those situations. The helplessly stutters,

"But... but Kim Seok Jin told me that it was alright. It's normal if actors at some point identified with the character, he assured that it's not madness, it happens..."

"Kim Seok Jin !!!! Really Byulyi?", Chanyeol growls, fuming in anger.

"The man who made you moan like a whore, in a crowded hall, you are counting on him?? Are you an idiot?"

He steps forward, shakes her shoulders roughly, "Get in your senses Moon Byul Yi, his motive is to make you act like Irene, he cares a damn if in the course, you turn insane"

The actress stands there like a statue, she doesn't know how to react, what to believe and the furious man goes on,

"It was so embarrassing, who does that off camera? I want to hide in hell when I remember how you moaned infront of all the crew, sitting beside a veteran actor !!! I thank heaven, that no one knew about us"

That comment strikes her like a thunder, this time she stares at him directly,

"Were you ashamed of me?", she asks with trembling lips.

"Who wouldn't be?"

He spits those words and takes his car keys from the table, at that time Byulyi's phone cries out loud, which is kept on the same table, flashing brightly the cursed name, KIM SEOK JIN.

Chanyeol laughs sarcastically and thrashes the mobile on Byulyi's palm.

"Talk. It's Kim Seok Jin. The biggest fan of your acting"

He then storms out of her flat, leaving the devastated woman behind. Byulyi sinks into the sofa and bursts into tears but the fucking mobile, no the fucking Kim Seok Jin doesn't let her even cry in peace. Infuriated, she picks up the call and screams frantically,

"What?? What do you want?? After making my life hell, what more do you want??"

There's a awkward silence, then his drunk and cracked voice comes through,

"You hate me too?"

******

I am sorry if readers are disappointed for not getting enough Seokjin in this chapter, but this chapter is important from Byulyi's perspective. Thank you 🙏