Chapter 6: Rally the Troops

Lucifer sat playing the piano as he saw movement from his bed.  It had been 10 days since his talk with Dad and his brother and he had been restless since.  Even the Detective could not calm that feeling in him.

"Lucifer?" she sleepily asked from their bed.  

Their bed.  He liked calling it that.  

"Sorry I woke you, Detective," Lucifer stilled his hands.

"Keep playing, Lucifer.  The cold bed woke me not you playing," she said as she approached wearing only one of his shirts.  The purple looked good on her.  

Chloe had not been able to get Lucifer to share much but she could tell he was concerned about something.  He had flown into her bedroom last night and left before Trixie had to get up for school.  Their current case was keeping them occupied at work so no chance to talk there.  And tonight they worked through dinner and then made love until she was exhausted from the energy he brought into her.

She looked at her angel as he stroked the keys.  He was tense and relaxed at the same time just like he is the devil and and an angel at the same time.  Always both.  

Chloe moved to stand behind Lucifer and she felt him lean back a little as he played.  His body relaxed a little more as she rested her breasts on his head and leaned with her arms on either side of his head rubbing his bare chest.  

"Detective, this may be my new favorite way to play the piano," Lucifer said as he rubbed his cheeks on her breasts.  

"Lucifer, are you going to tell me what happened with your father and Amenadiel?"  she asked and his fingers stilled on the keys with a hard thud of sound.  The tension was back.

Lucifer grabbed his glass from the top of the piano and took a drink while stroking her arm with his left hand.  He looks to the balcony and the slight breeze that is coming into the penthouse.  His stars shine bright tonight calling him as they often do.  

Lucifer gets up from the piano and takes her hand leading her out to the balcony.  

"Dad said that Michael is turning angels against him in the Silver City and he believes another rebellion is about to occur," he said while leaning over the balcony.

Chloe was rubbing his back as she tried to process what he was saying.

"Why does he believe that they would go along with that plan," she asked.  "I mean..."  Chloe trailed off before finishing that sentence.

Lucifer smiled at his detective and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.  "No need to sugarcoat being cast out to the fiery pit of despair, darling."  

"I am not sure but Amenadiel and I have been contacting several of our...closer siblings," He said.  "An angel reunion of sorts will happen soon."

Chloe made the face she always does when she is thinking and processing information.  She looks down and purses her lips.  

"Lucifer, if God has come to you and Amenadiel, does that mean he has forgiven you?" she asks.

"You know I don't care about that, Detective," he said.  "I don't want his forgiveness."

Chloe wanted it for him.  She couldn't bear the thought of not being with him in Heaven but she didn't want to tell him that.  It wasn't fair.

"Oh, I know," she said.

"My problem solving Detective always wanting an answer," Lucifer said as he bent in for a kiss.  The fire in his body never died down when he was with her and he knew she felt it, too.