COLLIDE (chapter 20)

Sorry I haven't updating in a while, I was ill and had loads of homework xxx

"What the fuck have you done now Daniel!?!?" he yelled across the room.

I spun back around to find Dan sat across from me. His stance tense and his eyes , once hazel, turned black.

The man's eyes were blazing and his chest heaving heavily up and down in anger. He was wearing a smart suit with an expensive watch on his wrist. His hair was cut short and brown and his facial features looked familiar.

It suddenly clicked in my head who this man was.

"This Abigail is my wonderful father" Dan spoke, sarcasm laced in his tone.

I spun back around my mouth nearly hanging open and my eyes wide.

I didn't know what scarred me about Dan's father. Maybe it was the fact that everyone said he was a really rich and powerful businessman, or maybe it was the fact that he was stood in front of me looking like he was about to explode.

I was quickly cut out of my thoughts though by Dan's father striding across the room and pulling Dan ruffly to his feet by his collar.

I instantly stood up myself worried for Dan's safety. This man looked terrifying.

"What have you done?" he seethed pulling Dan up to his height and tightening his grip on Dan's shirt.

"Like you fucking care" Dan yelled back, staring right into his father's eyes and not even trying to get away from his grip.

"Tell me now" Dan's father yelled back "or I swear to god.."

"What?" Dan cut him off "what will you do? Walk out on my life like you did last time yeah? Leave me for years? I don't care, you already broke me once!" Dan nearly screamed at his father, tears pooling in his eyes.

I felt my heart wrench at his words. I had overheard information I don't think Dan had ever told anyone in his life. I felt like crying for him. This man had obviously hurt Dan in the past. Dan always played the tuff, bad guy but I could see that demeanour slipping away before my very eyes.

Dan's father eyes softened slightly before blackening again. He raised his hand towards Dan.

Was this really happening. How had I got mixed up in this?

Before any harm could come to Dan I ran forward towards the pair.

"Stop it!" I screamed at both of them before failing to pull his father off of Dan.

"Take you hands off him" I yelled pushing his father away making him stumble away from Dan in shock.

"For fuck's sake will everyone shut up and tell me why the hell I am here?" I cried at both of them pulling their eyes onto me.

Dan gave me a proud look probably because I pushed a 6ft tall grown man off him. Whilst his father was seething with anger.

"Please" I whispered at Dan, tears pooling out of my eyes now. I was just so tired from all the emotions in the past few days and it was all catching up on me "just tell me" I pleaded.

Dan walked towards me grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards him. He reached up to my face running his hands under my eyes and cheeks to catch the tears that had fallen there. I smiled at this simple gesture looking up at him.

"I...I...i can't" he sighed running one hand through his hair whilst holding mine with the other.

"Please Dan" I begged "just tell me please I can't deal with more secrets and lies at the moment I just want answers"

He sighed pulling his hands from mine and took a step back from me. I felt slightly empty from the loss of contact.

"If I tell you, you promise not to get mad?" he asked, pleading with his eyes

I thought for a moment. What he had done couldn't be that bad otherwise I wouldn't be allowed to be in the same room as him.

"I promise" I spoke the truth as I made complete eye contact with him

"Okay" he said before starting "well I was so angry after what you told me about Nathan and I tried to forget but I just couldn't" I tensed at Nathan's name and I think from that moment on I knew what Dan had done but I stayed quiet "I tried to forget and not do anything but I couldn't, I literally couldn't stop thinking about him hurting you and touching you and ugh" he ran his hands through his hair in frustration "I left that morning and went to your house. That asshole was still at your house and I couldn't keep my cool any longer and I just broke"

He turned away from me unable to keep eye contact with me any longer.

"What happened" I whispered out tears falling quickly down my cheeks so that I could taste it on my lips.

"I lost control" he whispered "I couldn't stop hurting him. I was blinded by anger and pain and ...."

"Just tell me" I yelled at him. I was done with him sugar-coating it I wanted the truth

"I..."

"Tell me now" I screamed pulling Dan back around to face me

"Fine" he yelled back "I beat him up, I hit him and punched him but I couldn't stop. He fell unconscious and now your abusive boyfriend is in hospital alright!"

I stepped back in shock my hands clasped to my mouth.

How could he do this.

"You put a guy in hospital over some cheap girl you shaged!" a voice from the corner spoke.

I whimpered at his comment. It wasn't true but it made me feel even worse and I don't know why.

I turned away and walked towards the door, tears falling hard now.

"Abby" Dan called pulling me back around to face him "please you promised" he begged me putting all the pressure on my shoulders when I wanted nothing to do with this.

"I'm sorry I hurt Nathan okay, he deserved it but I'm still sorry" he apologised but I just shook my head.

"Really" I scoffed "you think I care that you beat up Nathan. I hate him." I spoke getting angry again pushing Dan backwards so he stumbled backwards "I care that you left me in the morning to beat up someone, I don't care who it was, you left. I needed you that morning. I had shared the biggest secret of my life with you and you left" I cried out. I kept pushing him backwards until his back was pressed against the wall and I was towering over him " I needed you and you left" I whispered to him and turned away.

" I have to bail you out of jail over this bitch" his father spoke as I walked towards the door.

"Shut the fuck up" I yelled at his father before walking out the room slamming the door behind me.

Sorry if this was really short and crap and ugh I'm sorry xxx

Vote comment share pls

Thanks xxx