Chapter Thirteen

Y/N was in Transfiguration class. They were learning how to transform animals into water goblets. Ron tried out the spell on his pet rat, but it didn't really work because his wand was broken. Hermione then raised her hand. "Yes, Miss Granger?" Said Professor McGonagall.

Hermione took a deep breath and said: "I was wondering...If you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets."

Professor McGonagall looked at the other students with a concerned look on her face and then said: "Very well...You all know, of course...that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago, by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders coexisted harmoniously. One did not. Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods." Draco smirked at that. "Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle know as the Chamber of Secrets. Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it...until that time when his own true Heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing purge the school of all those who in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic." Hermione then interrupted her by saying: "Muggle-borns." Y/N looked at Draco, and once again, he was smirking. "Naturally..." Continued Professor McGonagall. "The school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found." And then started walking back towards her desk, but Hermione then said: "Professor? What exactly does legend tell us lies within the Chamber?" Professor McGonagall turned around and said: "The Chamber is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster. Now, back to class."

After class, Y/N, Hermione, Harry and Ron were talking about the chamber. Ron and Harry thought that Draco was the Heir of Slytherin.

"Draco doesn't really look like someone who would do something like that though, I mean...look at him." Said Y/N.

"He may be though...I know a way to find out, but mind you, it would be difficult. And not to mention, we'd be breaking about fifty school rules and it'll be dangerous..."

She then told them that she had heard of a potion that might help them, and led them to the library. She found the potion in one of the books. Polyjuice Potion. She then explained it to Y/N, Ron and Harry.

"So... Harry, Ron, you can transform into Crabbe and Goyle and go and talk to Draco about it, and try to get some information, and Y/N, since you are Draco's friend...and in Slytherin, all you have to do is join their conversation." Said Hermione, kinda worried.

"Oh, um... Draco and I don't really talk anymore...maybe it's better if only Harry and Ron talk to him." Said Y/N.

They all agreed to that and then talked a bit more about the potion.

Y/N still refused to believe that Draco might be the Heir of Slytherin. He might be a bit of an asshole, and she might hate him, but after all, she knew that he wasn't that bad of a person.

Time Skip~

Y/N was having dinner in the Great Hall, together with the rest of the students. As she was putting food in her plate, Draco sat opposite of her. He wanted to say hi or something so he opened his mouth, but no words came out, so he just closed it and looked down at his plate. Y/N saw that, and with an annoyance on her face and in her voice said: "What is it, Draco?" He looked up with her, acting like he didn't know what she was talking about and quietly said: "What?" Y/N scoffed and said: "You wanted to say something?" He then said: "Just wanted to say hi...And relax, I'm not here to annoy you. I just came here to eat, and this was the only free place on the table." He then put some food on his plate. Y/N felt bad. She shouldn't have been that rude... "Well um... Quidditch is coming up, so...good luck, I guess..." She said and started eating. "Thanks..." Mumbled Draco. They both stayed silent and didn't talk to each other the whole time.

The feast was over, and they went back to their dorms. Y/N walked alone. She remembered all the times she would walk with Draco...She missed him, but she thought that it would be best for both of them if they didn't talk to each other for a while.