Chapter 2b: The cult in the mountain

Yuya had stared down at a camp, watching it carefully.  "Let me guess, you want to go there to see *her*?"  Mizumi teased Yuya.  "Huh?!  W-why would you guess that?  She's just some random girl from a cult...."  Yuya said nervously as he began to blush.

"Not that I can blame you, she's hot and she can sing."  Mizumi had also begun to stare down.

"Ey, Yumi why don't ya sing one of us one of your songs?"  A rather weighted man with a leaf-patterned bandana said to a woman, about the age of 23.  With long blonde hair, flowing over one of her eyeballs.

"Why should I?"  She said without any concern.  "Well, we all love your songs so why the hell not?"  Yumi stared at him.  "Fine but only a PART of it."

She began to breathe, preparing to sing.   ♪This place I call home, a place where newcomers constantly come and leave... A place of both sorrow and happiness,  a place of duality...  Both hope and despair come here together as one, as fate lead them here...♪

She had stopped singing, as everyone began to clap in awe.  "As I said, Yumi everyone loves your songs but not as much as-"  A man had approached him.  There were practically fires in his eyes.  "Ya know, Yusumai you should really be careful who you hit on especially when they are in a relationship with me..."

Lex alongside Dylan had walked in, seeing this incident.  "Hm?  I wonder what's going on here..." Lex had mumbled to himself.

Dylan stared at them.  "Oh, Yusumai and Hisam... Always arguing that's the problem with older siblings...."  Lex stared at Dylan.  "You know these two?"  Dylan was quick to reply.  "Did you NOT hear what I said?  They are my brothers... Older ones..."

"I originally grew up here, a peaceful cult.  Although, these two haven't changed a bit still trying to hit on Yumi...  It's been like this since how old were you two?"   Dylan laughed.

Yusami seemed even more angered.  "And what's that supposed to mean?"  Dylan laughed a little bit more.  "Nothing..." He said with a grin on his face. 
You're clearly lying!"  Yusami shouted at Dylan.  "What it means is, your still acting like your five arguing about something so dumb, when it's clear that Yumi chose not you, Yusami."

"Anyhow... Perhaps you two could stay here tonight?  It's getting pretty late, we'll let Dylan and any of his friends stay!"  Lex gained a smile.  "Really?  Dylan, let's take up the offer."  Dylan nodded in agreeance.

"Also, there's a tournament tomorrow so if you'd want to join better get some sleep and meet the people here."  Yusami stared at Lex.  "Wait...  You're the man the core master told us about!"  Everyone began to gather around Lex.  "Our cult is founded around him, and cores being able to bring peace.  Yesterday he gave us the Yami core, telling us to only give it out to someone strong enough to wield its might."

Lex looked at them.  "Ah, now I see why you are hosting the tournament.  But... I already have a core, so I'll have to opt-out.  But I can watch."  Everyone picked Lex and Dylan up, carrying them.

Despite all the attention, I couldn't help but wonder should I truly embrace it this much?  While it feels good, I have no idea where they were to take me.

But if they are friends of Dylan, I guess I should trust them, besides he couldn't hurt a fly unless he tripped on it.  But that'd be pretty rare in on itself.

Besides, it's not like they could truly want to harm any of us with this act of kindness and respect right?