Chapter 2

AN: First person Italics is the killers perspective.

It was 8:00 AM and the morning bugle call for reveille sounded off through the camps sound system breaking the silence of the morning

It was 8:00 AM and the morning bugle call for reveille sounded off through the camps sound system breaking the silence of the morning. As the bugle continued to blare through the camp Rocki Mahan pulled her pillow from under her head placed it on top to muffle the sound as the bugle call continued for the next minute.

"Morning." Ann said as she stretched out in her bed. Rocki had taken the bed on the right side of the room. There were no windows on the back side of the cabin which faced east so the while light came in from the west facing windows it was not nearly as bright in the cabin as it could be. Rocki sat up and noted that her roommate was particularly perky for someone that didn't get in until almost 10:30 PM last night.

Rocki had just returned from the shower room before Ann left to go meet Popko. Rocki put her dirty laundry in a laundry bag while Ann finished her preparations for her date. Rocki laid down, put her headphones on and listened to her favorite playlist as sleep was slowly overtaking her. Rocki was dozing off when Ann Phillips returned to their cabin in a huff. When her roommate returned in about half an hour completely dry. She gathered Popko must have messed up some how but not wanting to pry into her personal affairs Rocki just rolled onto her side and went to sleep.

"Morning. How was your date last night?" Rocki replied making small talk.

"What date... Popko stood me up." Ann states as she stands up and quickly makes her bed. Once the sheets and blanket are all tucked in and pillow fluffed and replaced at the head of her bed Ann pulls her night shirt up over her head and tosses it on the bed. She squats down and pulls her shirt, shorts and socks out for the day and proceeds to the dress.

"I'm going to forewarn you, I have to get up an hour and a half earlier than the rest of the camp as I have to cook for all of the kids and staff. So, sorry in advance if my alarm disturbs your sleep." Ann politely informs Rocki.

"Thanks for the warning." Rocki says as she stands and stretches.

As it was fairly nice last night Rocki had only slept in an over-sized t-shirt that once belonged to Jackson. Despite their separation she had kept it and wore it at night to bed. Jackson had given it to her after one of their trips to the Beach. It had started to rain and her top was soaked while his shirt had been left in the car. Jackson told her to put it on to help warm her up until the heat in the car could make her comfortable. Rocki had never told him how much she loved this shirt. It was very comfortable, light but most of all it made her feel like he was always wrapped around her when she wore it.

Rocki collected the clothes she was going to wear for the day and upon discarding her night shirt slipped into her panties and then put her bra on before finishing with her everyday clothes. She and Ann then left to join everyone in the dining hall for breakfast. As it was a casual day and the employees were not required to have arrive until the afternoon breakfast was a simple meal of instant oatmeal, toast and juice.