Chapter 5

Rocki's pulse is racing as she manages to deftly escapes the grip of the dark figure and dashes from her hiding spot in the woods and makes her way to the main hall

Rocki's pulse is racing as she manages to deftly escapes the grip of the dark figure and dashes from her hiding spot in the woods and makes her way to the main hall. Reaching the door, she swinging the screen door wide open, closes and locks the main door, and ducks down while she darts along the front wall and heads to the right side hallway. The mat on the wooden floor absorbs her foot prints until she reaches the side hallway. Taking off her wet shoes, Rocki ducks down then she maneuvers into the shadows of the kitchen hallway. As soon as she reaches the kitchen Rocki hears a thump, followed by another thump, and then another until the lock on the front door finally gives. The screen door squeaks as it swings shut. Rocki covers her mouth and attempts to slow her breathing as she listens to what the killer is doing. She is not sure if the other person has a flashlight or cellphone with a light but knows that if they do that she will have enough time to react as the light will hit the hallway before they turn the bend and she can work with that. She hears the person's heavy footsteps on the stairs, despite trying to be somewhat quiet the boots have thick soles and due to their clothes being wet the person weighs more than they would dry and it is affecting their movement.

Rocki waits until she hears the footsteps reach the second floor hallway before she moves to the backdoor and carefully turns the knob She hears the killer pounding on the door to Chad's room, which he locked and Rocki uses this moment to slips out the backdoor. Once outside Rocki takes a moment to breath normally again while she comes up with a plan. Seeing the grill, Rocki takes the keys to the padlocks that are hanging on the keyholder and unlocks the grill. She carefully moves the grill with as little noise as possible and wedges it against the door. The chains that hold it in place for heavy winds are just long enough that she can re-lock the grill and no one should be able to push it out of the way of the backdoor. Rocki creeps into the forest as the rain is slowing down and hopefully coming to a stop.

This bitch is dead... this bitch is soooo DEAD! The killer thinks as they finish checking the closet on the second floor of the main hall. Everything had been going according to plan right up until I killed Miranda. Everything had been calculated to the letter and nothing had gone wrong. Sure Rocki made it into the cabin, that had not been planned, she just got really lucky with that baseball slide at the last moment. The one wrinkle in the plan came with the introduction of the satellite telephone. The phone lines were cut just before Ann's body dropped for all to see along with the power lines. Having borrowed everyone's cell phone during the time they were all alive and well, I knew for a fact that none of them had cellular service at this location. How was I supposed to anticipate a FUCKING satellite phone!

Closing the closet door I make my way down the stairs, checking to make sure that the little bitch hasn't doubled back to the main hall and is hiding in a dark corner. Moving my black Recurve bow about as it has a tactical flashlight attached to it, I make sure that the corners are empty. Ann's body is still hanging from the banister... I knew these losers wouldn't touch it. As I move down the side hallway to the kitchen I run through how everything was back on track. I had drained three quarters of the gas from Sienna and Chad's cars and used that gas to set the range cabin ablaze. I had already punctured the gas tanks of their cars and rigged them so whichever car they ended up using to escape in would leave a trail fuel once they traveled far enough to pull the stoppers out. I was standing besides the kids cabin waiting to ignite their gas trail and blow the counselors to hell.