Prologue

mais en attendant ta fin tu dois vivre et chérir tes bonheurs

SURVIVE: On the side is Alpha Matthew. The packs leader. :)

I will post pictures of characters as I go, even if they do not feature in the chapter :P

¤PAIGE BRICE¤

All my life I have wondered what it would be like to be normal. To go to parties, have real friends and a mom to yell at that life wasn't fair. The thing is, I was never normal. Since I was ten, all I did was fight to survive. My mom lost her fight all ready and mine has just begun. My Dad had slowly folded into the darkness as the light switch began to flicker the moment my Mom died. 

I was the flame he had lit for new hope to move on, but I will soon blow that out too. 

Music snapped me out of my depressing thoughts and I looked up at the school. My Dad reached to the blaring radio and turned it down as we approached my new school.

My Dad parked near the sidewalk and I couldn't look at him. I knew it would be the same as always. His fake solicitous, trying to be the concerned father, when in reality every time he looked at me I knew that when I was born, everything in his life fell apart. Our relationship was complicated ...as most father/daughter relations are. 

"Etes-vous sûr que vous êtes prêt?" He asked me, eyes full of despair when I forced myself to look over at him. (Are you sure you're ready?)

I gave him a curt nod. "Oui, Papa." (Yes, Dad)

He simply nodded and I grabbed my bookbag and slipped out of our old white truck with the paint peeled off in several spots.

I tugged my skirt down just a little and made sure my white long sleeve shirt looked okay. My red hair was messy and it went down my shoulders in waves today. I had curled it, but I never could get curls and ended up with waves.

Students piled around the parking lot and as I got closer to my new school at America, the cafeteria doors were first thing I saw at the building - the courtyard.

"So, Tabitha is pregnant. And it isn't Toby's." The caramel haired girl gushed as I began to walk past the two girls who were currently gossiping. Her dark skin with light green t-shirt made her eyes pop.

"No way, Anne!" The purple haired girl, cute feathers dangled from her hair. "Toby's going to be so piss-"

Their conversation could no longer be heard as I walked farther away from them. Their conversation lingered, but soon my mind ditched them. I found no reason to remember that little bit of information, I didn't even know  Tabitha nor a Toby.

I opened the door and walked inside. A large man with curly blonde hair and a red shirt that said 'BULLDOGS'.

Confidence is the key.

"Excusez-moi , où est le bureau principal?" I asked. (Excuse me, where is the main office?) My green eyes flickered around the large room that had many students with breakfast items. Many looked at me, but many didn't even take notice of me.

The man raised an eyebrow. "English, kid."

I tilted my head to the side. How rude. It's not my fault I wasn't used to speaking English. Now I have to speak it full time.

"Sorry. I need to go to the main office. Where is it?" My hand reached up to brush away the annoying strand of red hair that got in the way.

"Oh. My bad, kid. I'm Mr. Tire, the senior history teacher. The office is through those doors," He roughly pointed to the large grey doors. "Just go straight and you will see the main office on your right at the end of the hall."